Chapter Eight

The next morning, she woke up and the bed was cold and terribly empty without Nour's presence.

Alisa got up and stretched her hands above her head and to the side. She squinted her eyes as she met with the bright light streaming through the curtains.

Alisa got up and fixed her bed. She opened the curtains and took a moment to look out to the busy morning that brings joy and sorrows.

The night long rain beautified the sky with colourful shades of rainbow.

She pulled her hair into a messy bun and walked towards the bathroom to take a shower.

She wonder if Nour has eaten, maybe she should just take the food and eat with her.

She turned to the mirror that reflected her image and was shocked to see her pale body.

She can't even remember when last she took care of her body and she wondered when she will have that time especially now that life is giving her a hard blow.

She doesn't know how but her mind drifted back to the conversations she had with Nour last "Don't beat yourself to it, don't do something that will make you unhappy. Just leave everything to the one who has power over all and if this sickness is the thing that will lead to my death so be it because my life is not a waste."

"I met you and you showed me what it means to be kind."

"So please even when I'm gone don't let my death stop you from living the life you deserved." This is what Nour told her.

But no matter what, she can't let Nour die. She just can't let her because whenever she close her eyes, she remember the day she found Nour lying helplessly on the floor and the doctor's words still ringing in her brain.

Nour is an orphan and they're the only family that she depends on.

She doesn't know if she will get cured because of her disease but even if she lives to the silent world, she die as a fighter and the disease did not kill her but rather, her numbered days on earth has come to an end.

..... They never had a family to call their own but their love is something that makes them stand as one.

Alisa can see it in their eyes. How they want to have someone to call their own but that has never happened.

Seeing them like that reminds her of those days she cried her eyes to bed just thinking of her family or a warm hug from her mother.

"I just want to find my family, can you please help me?." She asked the man.

She thought the man would help her but instead, she got a scar that will make her live in hell for the rest of her life..

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

As Alisa made way to the NICU, she saw an abundance of health professionals on the floor.

They all seemed happy and Alisa wondered what it was that brought such joy to them.

It was nice to see them happy even if it's once in their life because this is a genuine laughter and it makes her smile knowing that they're happy.

"Is it just me or does everyone seems happy?." Alisa asked.

She made way to where the nurse was standing and the doctor beamed at her "Hello I can see how everyone is happy."

Alisa glanced and said hello to the doctor. She looked at him confused and shook her head politely.

Alisa can't hold it anymore so she asked them.

"Hey I don't mean to be rude or anything but why is everyone so......happy?." She asked as she watched the doctor and some nurses laugh at her.

The doctor checked and said. "Why? Can we not be happy?."

"No.. I mean yes! But this section of the wing is usually quiet and gloomy." Alisa said.

The doctor nodded and pointed to Nour's room "Someone has paid for her surgery." The doctor said.

Alisa stared at them shocked, her mouth hung wide open. "Are you serious." Alisa chocked out.

"Yes, and Yes, it really is true! Someone has paid for her surgery." The doctor said.

Alisa squealed and hugged Farha before she turned to look at the doctor. "Do you mind telling me who the sponsor is please?."

"Yes of course and he also dropped this and said we should give you." The doctor said.

With shaky hands Alisa collected the envelope and opened it. There was a handkerchief and a paper inside it.

"Sometimes we just have to forget our own problems and put smiles on the faces of those that forget how to because that way we will also be happy."

Fu'ad Turaki.

His name rung in her ears over and over again. She thought no one will come to her aid but someone did but who is this Fu'ad she thought.

That was when remembered the handkerchief and she only gave it to one person.

Does that mean he is the one that helped them?."

The biggest smile enveloped on Alisa's face and her heart was just beating with happiness as she picks her pen and was about to scibble some words of gratefulness.

"Be A Light"

Most of the times we only think about ourselves and the situation we find ourselves in, forgetting the master of all things but then, at a point in our lives we lost contact of the things that make us.

We're only fighting the situation we find ourselves in.

Don't be good because you want praises from people.

But be good because you feel it is good to be good.

We all have destinies we can't run away from, choices we can't change, things we can't get, moments we can't forget, dreams we can't fulfill, happiness we can't express but at the end the only thing that matters is how we live the days for us and the days against us.

But no matter what, we should always exercise patience over everything because nothing good will come to us if we're not patience in this life and like the saying goes; "Inna Nasra Ma'a Sabr, Wa'inna Ma'al Usri Yusrah".

I'M BACK FOR GOOD IN SHA ALLAH 💃💃.

HOW WAS THE CHAPTER, HOPE YOU ENJOY READING IT 😢❤.

KINDLY DON'T FORGET TO SHARE THIS AMAZING BOOK WITH YOUR LOVE ONE'S AND ALSO DON'T FORGET TO

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE AND

FOLLOW

IG : EESHA_SPEAKS, BLESSED_INK $ EESHA'S_EMPIRE

WITH LOVE AEESHA_AHMAD ❤.