Chapter Five

Fu'ad heaved a sigh after he finished reading the first part of the book.

He wanted to keep on reading and at the same time he doesn't want to read something he was not asked to do.

This is a battle between his heart and mind. One want him to read while the other want him to give up and he doesn't know which one to follow.

But why isn't that he feel something good after he read the first part of the book and the words that was there kept him in wonder because he want to know her as a person.

After he had breakfast with his family, he went straight to the hospital to collect his mother's report before he left for work.

*~*~*~*~*~

Her heart was beating fast ever since the doctor called for her and just that call is enough to scare her intestine because for sure she knows that something is not okay.

She gathered all the courage she need before she inhaled a deep breath and push the door that leads her to the doctor's office.

Her heart beat kept increasing at that instance and her body was just shaking.

Unknown to her a particular figure was staring at her but she was too numb to realize that.

She rushed out of the office after the hurtful words she received from the doctor.

This is it, what she has been running away from, something she has been praying should not come true has now become her biggest nightmare.

"She doesn't have much time and you have to make sure you gather the money as early as possible so that we will start the surgery if you don't want to lose her forever."

This is what the doctor told her and she was scared. Scared that his words will come true.

She doesn't have anyone to rely on or ask help from.

And the people she thought will help her told her they also have alot on their plates and beside they're not even in the country. Things will only worsen if she told them.

"How will you feel when you're left all alone, Just how will you feel when you wake up and we're no more and you're left all alone in this world?."

This is the old man's word. She can clearly remember the day he told her this and today unexpectedly that day has come.

No! She will do this, she will save her but how will she do this all alone?.

How can she gets the money for the surgery because all the money they gathered were used on either hospital bills or medicine.

She buried her face and let the tears fall because her heart is burning with an unbearable pain and she don't want to lose her. Not now, not ever.

"It's not good for a beautiful girl to shed tears like this." Fu'ad said.

She heard the voice and the voice sounded familiar but she was too weak to even raise her head.

She heard the figure sat close to where she was sitted but he give enough space for someone to even sit at the middle.

She raised her head and looked at the figure and even though her eyes were blurry but she recognized his face and gave him a faint smile.

"Here take" Fu'ad gave her the handkerchief she gave him some days back.

"Sometimes we don't have control over the things happening to us. They just happen naturally." He said

"Yeah I agree with that" She gave him a faint reply.

They fall in a deep dead silence with many thoughts and questions but they use silence to convey the message of their hearts.

"Why do I always bump into you in a situation like this?." Fu'ad asked.

"Blame destiny" She said.

"Yes you're right" Fu'ad said and they fall into another silence.

"I can't let her die." She said.

Fu'ad didn't say anything. He didn't want to utter any word that will stop her from talking.

"She is an orphan. She lost her parents, she was maltreated and when she was close to experiencing what it means to live a happy life even though the pain is there and this has happened again."

"I just can't let Noor die. She has to live, she must live. She has a lot of dreams, she want to fulfill." She said.

Fu'ad feels like giving her a hug because that's what she needed right now but he can't. So all this while Noor is the patient.

Maybe he should read that book again if he really want to know more about her.

"Don't worry she will not leave you. She will fight because she is a fighter." Fu'ad said to her.

"Allah test us in different ways and this is your own kind of test. Don't worry you will pass through it in sha Allah."

She smiled at him but of course a tired smile before she stood up.

"I have to go and start getting the money. Thank you I appreciate your company." She said and as always she left him.

He don't know when he will get to know her and her thoughts.

He gazed at her shadow till she was out of his sight. Her tears pierced his heart and he wish he can take her pain away.

"Everyone has to be protected."

This are her words and she is putting those words into action.

"How can someone be so kind like this?" Fu'ad asked himself and he was yet to get his answers not to talk of putting the puzzles into one place.

She barely know the girl or maybe he is the one that barely know her and now she want to put her life at risk just to save that girl.

"Who are you Miss mysterious?"

He spend almost twenty minutes thinking of many possible ways that's making her do all what she is doing but he was left with many questions mark.

And as long as he doesn't want to read her book. He was left with no choice than to go back and read that book again and know the kind of person she is.

But if this girl can help like this, why can't he put his best into saving the life of this innocent girl as long as it will grace a smile on her face.

With a light and peaceful mind. Fu'ad went to meet the doctor and maybe just maybe he will be able to do something good in his life for the first time.

DON'T FORGET TO

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE AND

FOLLOW

IG : EESHA_SPEAKS

WITH LOVE AEESHA_AHMAD ❤.