EPILOGUE

Even though we all desired connection, when we experience trauma and betrayal, many of us begin to unconsciously value protection over connection. Which can lead to us being alone.

This is what has been happening to Alisa. She has been hurt and betrayed by her loved one's and now she didn't care about the connection she shared with those people.

All she cared is to protect herself from this evil world which lead her to being alone. She didn't care as long as she will be left all alone in the comfort of her bed with no one to disturb her peace.

People said time heals but the truth is that time never heals. If time heals, we wouldn't be left with the pain to remember, we wouldn't feel the pain coming back all over again, we wouldn't want to scream and let the world know the pain we're going through.

If there is anything time does to the victim is to let him change the victim's life completely, it's to make him become a stranger in his own world, time makes someone not to understand himself, not to talk of the things happening around him but the truth of the matter is that time never heals the pain.

Alisa buried herself in between her legs, she want to scream but she failed to do that, she want to yelled but the words are not coming out so she stayed in that position hoping the pain she is feeling will lessen.

Fifteen minutes later, the sound of someone opening the door made her to look up. Alisa raised her head only to find Najar staring back at her. She stared back for as long as she can before she look away. (Why can't he allow her to live in peace?. He is always trying to disturb her peace one way or the other).

Najar was sitting close to her. They stayed in total silence before he decide to break it, "get ready we're going somewhere,"

Najar said as his voice deepened as he pleaded, his hand coming up hesitantly to brush away a stray lock from her forehead. She shivered at the brief contact and just like that Najar was out of her sight.

Alisa released the deep breath she didn't know she was holding before she made up her mind to follow him. She know that she can't say no to him all the time and she also need to inhale some fresh air so she go with the idea of following him.

Najar was not expecting to see her but when he saw her approaching him, a small smile escape his lips. He didn't believe that she will come out but here she is.

He open the door for her like the gentle man he is and that's how their journey begin. The duo didn't know what to say or how to start a normal conversation because they felt like total strangers.

"Do you think there is a chance for us to be together once again?," Najar asked his eyes glued to Alisa waiting patiently to hear her response.

Alisa is feeling uncomfortable under his burning gaze but she tried to act normal, "It's over between us," She said as she looked through the window inhaling the fresh air.

"Why are you so stubborn, why can't you just forget everything and start afresh, why?," Najar said.

"You can say whatever you want to say but please leave me alone. I was so foolish and naive in the first place but not anymore and if not because of my selfish interest maybe just maybe Amar will be here with me. So please leave me alone,"

Alisa said as she tried not to let the emotion show in her voice but it was hard, especially now that she is letting the words out. Something she has not done.