Chapter Twelve

~*1 Month Later*~

They say, with time the pain will go away but it takes a lot of time before it happens.

Alisa thought she will get used to Nour's absence but she is still fighting to free herself from the misery that caged her.

She is really trying but all efforts are of no use.

"Take this and don't open it until I come out of that place and if I don't make it out, make sure you open it with love and smile on your face."

Alisa wanted to open it but she was afraid.

Afraid of what she will will see inside the envelope and just like always she put the envelope inside her bag.

She tried to live like Nour asked her to do and in order to take her mind of things. She is now working with Fu'ad reaching out to people that needs help.

Anywhere they went to, Alisa come across devastating news that breaks her heart.

And she always remind herself that "A person should always thank his lord in any situation he find himself in."

"Because he will never know how such a beautiful life he is living until he sees the life some people are living."

They're now in a small village and Alisa was sitting in a small bench as the tiny specks of dust seemed to dance in the shaft of afternoon sunlight that slanted through the window.

She is so lost in her thoughts, unaware of her sorrounding.

"What are you thinking of?."

Fu'ad asked and Alisa was taken aback at first because he startled her.

"I miss her."

Alisa said with her voice not audible but he can hear her.

"It is just so sad Fu'ad. She grew up as an orphan but now she's gone."

"She always tell me that she want to grew up and become something in life."

"I can vividly remember the first day I saw her. She looks dirty but her innocent face looks pure and lively."

"She changes the world around her with just her smile and now she's gone.

"Fu'ad, she left without fulfilling those promises."

"She left without fulfilling those dreams."

"She left without being able to let the world recognise her steps even before she stand high on the stage."

"She left without giving me a proper goodbye and I felt her absence just like how the Night felt the star's absence."

Fu'ad look at her again and he remembered the promise he made to Nour.

"Do you know what?." Fu'ad asked as he gaze at a girl far away sitting all alone.

"Can you see that girl over there?." Fu'ad asked.