Chapter Eighteen

Alisa stared at the little boy infront of her. She stared at him with so much love and adoration. She don't know if what she did to Najar is good but to her it's the best thing as long as she will protect her little boy from the harmful world.

She never regret what she did, hiding it from Najar is the last thing she can do and she owe him no explanation. It's true that she was happy when she married him but destiny has a short plans for them to be together. Alisa didn't know whether what she is going to do is the best thing but deep down she hope it is.

"Are you sure this is the right thing to do?," Farha asked once she entered the room where Alisa was sitting on the bed.

Alisa didn't step out of the room ever since Farha told her about her encounter with Najar. Alisa turned her head for a brief second and looked at Farha who was praying silently for her to change her mind, "I hope it is," Alisa said smiling at Farha.

There is nothing that will make her change her mind and she don't want Farha to make her do that. "Can't you stay, we will find a way and solve this problem. You always told us that there is a solution to every problem and that we should never give up but why are you doing this now?" Inaya asked hoping Alisa will change her mind.

They know this place will never be like before, it will never be like it was. Slowly they're falling apart. The love, smiles and happiness they once have was now filled with nothing but emptiness.

They will miss Alisa if she leave because she is someone that gives them reason to love, live and accept the life they find themselves in.

Alisa had to blink back her tears. She had been crying since Nour's death, at first she thought she had no tears left for her to shed again but she was surprised when she kept shedding tears and the tears kept falling from her eyes. It's too hard for her to leave also.

This place has been her everything, it is where she was taught how to love and give love in return. She has never imagined herself leaving this place but today because of a temporary situation, she is leaving.

Alisa blinked the tears back as her lips stretch into a small smile, "I will visit you whenever I want and you can call me whenever you want to talk to me. Don't forget that I'm only a call away," Alisa sighed as she hold Inaya's hand.

It's hard for her to leave but they're making it more harder for her.

"I don't know when my eyes filled with unshed tears, it's really hard for me to cry but you guys are making it hard for me," Baba Jummai said. She is the elderly woman in the orphanage and they have no one like her in the whole orphanage, "Here," She put a small box in Alisa's lap, "This is what you were found with. I found you at the orphanage gate, wrapped in this small box and a small photo where your name was written on it," Baba Jummai said as she wipes her tears.

Alisa has never asked about how she found herself here in this place because to her, she don't have to know. If her parents are alive and if they really want her, they will come and look for her but that day has never come and she believes that she will never call someone her own in this world.

Alisa trace the box feeling it's every warmth before she opened it. Inside the box were some baby clothes, a feeding bottle, her small picture where she look so cute and innocent unaware of the cruel world she will find herself in. She turned the picture and that's where her name was boldly written.