Chapter Ten

Bismillahir Rahmanir Rahim

Alisa rushed to the hospital as fast as her legs could take her.

She just received a call from Fu'ad that Nour woke up and she was asking for her.

She didn't even let him finish what he want to tell her because the moment she heard Nour she hurriedly pick her hijab and off to the hospital.

Her heart was beating very fast and she could tell that Nour want to tell her something since she asked for her and she doesn't want to waste any minute.

She want to go and see her baby, see how she is doing and what she want to tell her.

The moment the taxi came to a halt. Alisa jumped from it and rushed into the hospital.

Even the driver was asking her to come and collect her change but she was too numb to hear a single word from him at that time.

Her brows furrowed when she saw the door to Nour's room wide open or maybe they're all there to see her also she reasoned.

And she made way to go and also meet her.

That was, until she heard voices coming from the room. Alisa walked faster like a camelion and reached the room in no time.

At first she didn't understand what was happening. She didn't get why Fu'ad was holding Farha, while some doctors where checking Nour's body.

"Time of death 3:30 pm on Friday."

Alisa couldn't believe her ears. No, there has to be some sort of mistake.

The sound of Farha 's loud wail and some children is what bring Alisa back to reality.

That is when everything dawned on her.

She raised her head and with tears, she didn’t bother to wipe them at all.

She looked at the doctor hoping he will change what he just said now or maybe he was mistaken, it's not Nour he is talking about.

The doctor just shook his head indicating no because he couldn't look into Alisa's eyes. He failed her as a doctor.

He was not able to save the girl she risked her life for. He was not able to bring her safe and sound like he promise.

He failed as a doctor.

He failed Alisa.

And he also failed Nour.

It's like Nour already knew she would never come out of that place and that's why she asked for that two minutes and hadn't been he knew this would happen, he would have given them his whole time but he can't stop the inevitable from happening no matter what.

It all take some seconds for Alisa to hold the doctor's shirt. "What did you just say." Alisa asked.

The doctor shook his head again "I'm sorry she is gone."