Chapter Twenty-Eight

Tanimu was said to appear like a ghost one day wrapped in a small box. He was said to be found in one neighborhood and no one knew from where he came.

The villagers refused to take care of him but one old man volunteered to take him because he felt pity for him and he don't think it's good to keep a toddler without giving him shelter.

The old man took Tanimu to the village ward, and the village ward agreed that the old man should take care of Tanimu and he was the one that named him.

Little by little, Tanimu was growing up and he took the old man as his family because the old man had no children of his own, so Tanimu is the only child he had and he showed love a father should showered to his son.

On one faithful day, a woman came to the village ward and said Tanimu is her son, the village ward had to confirm first and when he realize that Tanimu is her son. He asked the old man to let go of Tanimu and send him back to his real identity.

It was hard for them because they're close to each other but that's how the old man gave Tanimu to the old woman that said to be his mother.

Tanimu followed his mother even though he didn't like it because she abandoned him. But since he doesn't have anywhere to go to, he has to stay with that woman.

When Tanimu reached fifteen years old, that's when he learned about his mother's dark secret. She was a prostitute and she got him through illegitimate way.

His father didn't accept him as his son and that's why his mother threw him away because she can't take him as her son also.

Tanimu shed tears whenever he remembered that he is a bastard. He tried to stay with his mother and pretend as if nothing has happened but the villagers keep pointing fingers at him, throwing harsh words on him so one day he just left everything behind and enter the world.

Since that day, Tanimu has never stepped into his village where his mother is, he never want to go back because to him he don't have anyone to call his own in this world.

He promised to give himself a better world no matter what it will takes. He started by being an armed robber in his teenage years and when he thinks he don't have to be under anybodys control, he later decided to be on his own. Little by little he became the boss and does whatever he feels like.

One day as Tanimu was enjoying the evening breeze under the shade of a tree, a friend whom he met in his traveling journey met him and told him his new job that he got. He use to bring young ladies to rich people and they will give him money.

Those ladies were said to be with them forever because they bought them with their own money, they married some, they abuse some, they raped some and they sell some to their bosses also especially when they offer huge amount to them.

Tanimu said he was interested in that business especially when the man told him how he has been earning good especially in this kind of situation the society find itself and the fact that they were not educated, they don't think they will have any kind of a decent job so the best thing is for them to do something that will make them live their life in a way it will pleased them.

Two months after Tanimu was in that business, he traveled to Maiduguri and that's where he met Sabeeha's mother; Rahama. He can't say it's love at first sight neither will he said they're meant to be, he always said that it's a miracle that he got her at the end.

It's hard to get her because he has to bring his family and in order to do that, he has to ask for his boss help before he get Rahama. So that's how he planned the whole thing with his boss and some of his friends before he married her.