Chapter Seventeen

"Barrister Najar," The doctor called as he took a note pad from his desk to scribble some notes. "Are you sure you're taking your medications the way I prescribe them for you?." He said not looking up from what he was doing.

He couldn't say he is tired of telling Najar what to do and what not to do because when he look at it from a clean perspective the problem is not from him.

Najar looked dejectedly as though he is also tired of everything. "Yes I use to take them."

"But there is no improvement, instead your case is just worsening," The Doctor said.

"Don't you think it is high time you tell her this and maybe she will come back to you." The Doctor said as he look away from the note and stared at Najar.

"I don't want her to feel as if I want her back because of my illness. That's the last thing I want her to know." Najar said.

The Doctor took his gaze away from Najar and back to what he is doing.

"And if she finds out later what will do you then?."

Najar sighed "I will not let her find out no matter what.

"And your mother?." The Doctor asked.

Najar shrugged, "She caused it for me so she should blame no one but herself."

The Doctor looked at Najar all lark of joke disappearing from his face as he stared at him. "I don't know but you have to stop stressing yourself over everything if you really want to be okay."

Najar gave the Doctor a curt nod. Even though he know what the Doctor said it's true but then he can't stop thinking, it's not as if he is doing it willingly.

It just happen naturally on it's own without him adding any pressure to it.

"Thank you Doctor." Najar shake the Doctor's hand before he exit the office.

Even though what the Doctor told him was true, he couldn't stop thinking about Alisa and deep down his stubborn heart keeps giving him a fake promise that she will come back to him.

After his appointment with the Doctor, he decides to visit Alisa and maybe she will listen to him today seeing the fact that this is the fifth time she is shunning him away.

Najar parked his car in the far end of the building.

He stared at the orphanage from afar lost in his thoughts.

He don't know how his life will be like if he also find himself in a situation Alisa is in where he don't know the root of his life or anyone to call his own.

Maybe destiny has it's own way of choosing the unexpected for people.

He failed to understand his mother. He see no reason as to why she can't accept Alisa.

Shouldn't she be happy that she will be able to give Alisa the motherly love she craves?.

Najar only had knowledge of one thing "Beneath the heart of every orphan lies thousand unspokable pains they buried."