Chapter Twenty-Five

"Will you marry me?," Fu'ad said as his eyes had been lighting in excitement.

Sabeeha look at him as if he grow two heads, does he think she is desperate to get married after his friend dumped her or he thought she will say yes after what she went through in her first marriage. 

Sabeeha look at him her lips set in a tight line, "Fu'ad do you know what?," She asked him looking deeply into his eyes.

Fu'ad nod his head indicating a negative response, "To attain your goal Fu'ad, you should be ready to face any kind of obstacle. Whatever happens...don't forget your goal. That's what my mom told me and because I want to attain that goal, I don't want to forget my goal because of anything I've to face."

"I just know that you feel pity for me but then this is my fight and I will fight this battle alone no matter the obstacle I will face till I reach my goal."

Sabeeha said as she sealed her lips by sucking them in between her teeth leaving a speechless Fu'ad.

Fu'ad looked till her shadow was out of his sight as he cursed slowly. He don't know this is what his friend did to her, he has damaged her both mentally and physically and he hope he will see him and break his bones.

Fu'ad met Sabeeha when he was posted for his service in Adamawa along with Marwan and that's where they first saw this beautiful young lady that took their breath away.

To say she was beautiful is something the universe will take as an insult because even the moon that rotates on the sky everyday will not be able to tell how beautiful she is.

Marwan was interested in this beautiful young girl back then but her father was against him marrying her. Marwan was from a wealthy family and because Sabeeha happens to be from the lower class, his father used his power to get her for his son.

Fu'ad knows that Marwan is not good for Sabeeha but because even Sabeeha was adamant on Marwan, his mother agreed to this union and now he has ruined her life completely, leaving her with a scar.

Fu'ad has no idea of where Marwan or his family are, it's like they vanished from this world but wherever he is, he hope he is in pain also because of the pain he inflicted on them.

One thing that keeps disturbing him is the fact that why will Sabeeha's father sell his daughter, why will he do that to his own daughter?. But he will make sure he dig whatever plan he is making so that he will stop him from hurting her again. She has suffered in her life and it's high time she enjoy some freedom of her own.

~*

~*KANO*~

An old man was staring at Labeebah, his face held so many emotions and he can break down at any time.

He had a strange appearance, almost as if it was contrived. His hair was bushy as if he didn't wash it for half a decade, nearly petrified it was so dry. He had sad, way worn eyes and a distinctive beard.

It wasn’t a thick beard that someone will want to keep on looking at but rather something a lunatic might have: straggly, unkempt and spittle flecked.

His fingers were gnarled and knobbly and the clothes he wore were musty and minging judging by the reaction of Labeebah as she stare at him.
Her nose would crinkle in disgust and she would peel away from his presence.