19. As did mine

Odin tells us to follow after him

Odin tells us to follow after him. I look up at Thor who helps me off the table and we follow Odin who speaks as he moves. "There are relics that predate the universe itself," Odin says as I follow a step behind them. "What lies within her appears to be one of them," Odin says and I roll my eyes at the use of the distant pronoun. We walk into a room with bright trees and portals. "The nine realms are not eternal, they had a dawn as they will have a dusk," Odin says opening up a book with runes written on them. "But before that dawn, the dark forces, the Dark Elves, reigned absolute and unchallenged," He says I look at the shining pages of the book as the gold details stood out to me.

"Born of eternal night the Dark Elves come to steal away the light," Thor reads I remember those stories "I know these stories. Mother told them to us as children,"

"As did mine," I say causing Odin to look up at me before looking back to his son.

"Their leader Malekith made a weapon out of their darkness and it was called the Aether while the other relics often appear as stones, the Aether is fluid and everchanging. It changes matter into dark matter. It seeks out host bodies, drawing strength from their life forces," I mumble inaudible curses "Malekith sought to use the Aether's power to return the universe to one of darkness. But, after eternities of bloodshed my father, Bor finally triumphed ushering in a peace that lasted thousands of year,"

"What happened?" I asked and Odin glances at me as he answers

"He killed them all," He says and I tilted my head

"Oh that's nice," I mumble looking back at the book

"Are you certain?" Thor challenges his father "The Aether was said to have been destroyed with them and yet here it is," He gestures to me

"The Dark Elves are dead," He states finally with absolution

"Your book, it wouldn't happen to maybe mention how to get it out of me?" I question the king who answers curtly.

"No," I huff chewing on my lips and I look up at Thor who looks at me with the same look of worry. "It does not," and he walks away