26. Look at me

"Malekith!" Loki starts causing Malekith to slow to a halt

"Malekith!" Loki starts causing Malekith to slow to a halt. "I am Loki of Jotunheim and I bring you a gift!" Loki gestures to me and the blade drops from my throat as I am thrown into the dirt I grunt looking up at Malekith. "We ask only one thing in return a good seat from which to watch Asgard burn," The creature I had thought I had killed spoke to Malekith in a language I didn't understand. Malekith walks over to Thor who cradled his lost hand.

   "Look at me," He says kicking Thor over. Thor's eyes glance at me as he groans in pain. Malekith throws his hands out and my body lifts from the ground. My body against my will moves and the power of the aether leaves me. I could feel the weakness I had originally retained leave my veins. It felt almost like being lost in a desert in drink water for the first time in a long time. The relief was something I had never experienced in my lifetime. In the back of my mind, I could see Earth, only darkness and death was covering it. All I could see was darkness as it spread, causing fear to grow in the pits of my stomach.

   The vision finished as my body drops. I grunt painfully and I could hear Thor "Loki! Now!" I could hear the sudden movements around me. My connection to my power strengthened slowly. A body covers mine and I open my eyes slowly to see Thor shooting lightning at the aether. I exhale looking up to see Loki covering me. The aether struggles against the aether before finally exploding. My powers returning felt like falling asleep, slowly then all at once. It causes me to wonder if the aether was siphoning my power from me and with its destruction if I was finally set free.

   I breathe out but my relief was short-lived. The aether floated, looking like shards of broken glass. Malekith walks out with his hands out. He opens his mouth and absorbs the power. My heart dropped knowing that defeating him just got a lot harder.

AUTHORS NOTE

This book is getting really close to its end which is crazy. Months of work and its almost over. I'm only slightly excited (Okay I'm lying I'm very excited to move onto more!)