E I G H T

Frisk felt someone tugging at their arm gently which made her flinch awake from the contact. "Frisk dear, would you like to sleep at our place for now?" It was Toriel. It looked to be that they were in the garage.

Wiping her eyes with the back of her hand, she nodded. "Will that be alright with you? I don't want to be-" Toriel stopped her. "Of course!"

Frisk smiled then looked at her side to see a certain skeletons head leaning against her shoulder. He was softly snoring as he shifted a little in his sleep.

Toriel giggled a little before putting her serious face back on. "I sincerely apologize for the ruckus I created in the morning... I misunderstood Sans and ended up hurting you." She looked up at Frisk with a guilty look.

Frisk quickly shook her head. "No, no. It's okay, Toriel!" She gave her a reassuring smile. "I understand, and im perfectly fine as well."

Toriel sighed as she nodded, her look still holding a feeling of doubt and regrets. It wasn't her fault though, Frisk knew that as a fact.

When Toriel walked through the door and out of her sight leaving the door open, Frisk glanced back at Sans. She straightened him up and carefully sat on his lap to undo his seat belt.

With the seat belt now being detached from him, she didn't notice that he had woken up. His pupils were back in the size of tiny white pin pricks. They weren't in what you'd call an appropriate position in the car.

"Uh, don't you think you're taking this a bit too fast kiddo?" He chuckled with a wink. Frisk stared at him with her eyes wide open in awe.

Frisk shook her head violently as she tried to push him away, landing on her seat. "N-No!" She stuttered, holding on to her hands as she felt them sting.

Sans laughed a little before stopping when he noticed her wince a little as she held her hands close to her. "You okay there bud?" He softly placed his hand on her shoulder so that he didn't hurt her.

She shook her head a little, looking back at him. "It's alright..." Sans cooed, wrapping his arms around Frisk as she silently cried in to his shirt.

A blue transparent aura started to surround the two of them as Sans tried to use his healing powers to lessen the pain that Frisk was dealing with.

And soon enough, she fell asleep - leaving him to carry her out of the car and in to the living room.

They had already dropped Undyne and Papyrus off so it was only Sans and Frisk that were staying over for the night. Walking over towards the familiar couch, he sat himself down in the corner of the couch and placed Frisk on the other side of him. Her head resting on top of his lap as she slept with a peaceful smile upon her face.

Sans glanced down towards her as yet another blush was spread across his face. He looked else where and covered his burning face with his hand. "Damn it..." He muttered to himself. 

~~~

When the morning came, Toriel gave Frisk a ride back to her house as they left Sans still sleeping on the couch. While they were riding there, Toriel noticed that Frisk was looking rather upset, fiddling with her fingers constantly as sweat ran down her forehead. 

She figured that it might've been best that she stayed quiet. Toriel was very concerned for her well being - especially with how her father treats her. In all honesty, she was having a lot of trouble holding back her anger to not kill the man. 

As they arrived in front of the large two story house, Frisk opened the door and hopped out on to the pathway. "Thank you, Toriel." Frisk said, waving her hand at her as she continued to the door. She nodded in response and gave a small wave back to her. However, she wasn't going to leave just yet. She wanted to see if she was going to be able to get in. 

Frisk rang the doorbell and waited for her father to answer the door. After a minute passed, she sighed and grabbed a hidden key that was underneath the doormat. Maybe she should put it somewhere else just in case. 

Putting the key in to the hole, she twisted it as it clicked, pulling the door open and heading in. 

Toriel smiled as she rode back home. 

Little did she know... there was a shrilling scream that erupted from inside the house. Inside, Frisk had her hands cupped around her mouth with tears rapidly running down her face as her eyes were glued to one thing and one thing only. 

The hanging body of her father. 

Her knees felt weak as she stumbled to the ground with shaking hands. His eyes were still slightly opened with saliva coming out from his mouth as there was an alcohol bottle laying on the ground beneath him. 

Frisk was shocked and scared to death, yes, but she didn't feel bad for the guy. He had abused her ever since her mother died, so she didn't really care. But she didn't expect him to commit to this so soon and so sudden. 

Bringing herself on her feet, she dashed up the stairs and in to the room as she grabbed her phone from inside her dresser. She pressed a button as it started dialling the number. After around three more tries of trying to ring Sans, he finally decided to pick his phone up. He was probably sleeping. 

"What's up, kiddo?" He asked, a yawn soon being heard on his side. "S-Sans, can you tell Toriel to come to my p-place and call the p-police?"" Her voice was shaky and unnerving. 

On Sans side, he jolted up from the couch straight as Toriel came back from the car. "Tori, we needa go back to the kids place! Somethings happened, and call the police." Sans instructed, standing up from the couch as his body flicked in to thin air. 

When Toriel came to realise what he was talking about, she quickly grabbed her phone out from her purse and begun to dial the police's number. 

Frisk was still holding the phone up to her ear as she waited for a response. She heard a familiar sound behind her, causing her to immediately snap her head towards Sans. "What's going on, huh?" He said down next to her on her bed, swinging his arm around Frisk's neck. 

Putting her phone away, she replied. "D-D-Downstairs." Her voice quivered as her eyes were still wide open. "Downstairs?" He questioned, Frisk nodding in response. "I'll go check it out." He stood up from the bed and begun to head out the door, but Frisk instantly grabbed his sleeve and pulled him away from the door. 

She was shaking her head, pulling him harder. "M-M-My f-father's b-body." She stuttered, struggling to get proper words out her mouth. "H-He hung h-himself..." Sans eye sockets widened, now understanding why Frisk was making sure he didn't go downstairs. 

With a frown, he nodded and carefully helped Frisk to sit back down on the bed - with him sitting down besides him. "Okay kid, lets just wait for the police to get here. Alright?" He clasped his hand on the side of her shoulder and made her lean closer towards him. "It's gonna be alright..." He cooed. 

Just like when they were in the car together, Frisk had her arm around his torso and cried in to his chest. Sans on the other hand, wrapped his hands around her fragile body. "It's alright kid, I'm here for ya." He sent her a reassuring smile. Knowing that she no longer had any relatives now, he couldn't help but wonder if she would be able to live with Toriel or himself and Papyrus. Toriel would be more than happy to take Frisk in.