T W E N T Y - E I G H T

The morning was quiet - rays of light squinting through the curtains that hung over the glass doors that led to the backyard. Frisk sat on the couch, too lost in thought to think, or pay attention to anything else that happened to her.

Birds were singing outside, and she never noticed it. All of it was just ringing inside her head, pushed to the back of her head.

Her eyes were glued to the black carpet that was layed out on the ground, no patterns, nothing. Just plain black - quite fitting for the aesthetic of the living room really. It didn't look too much like Toriel's colour of choice though.

With her mouth agape and her eyes half opened, a soft voice called; Frisk.

She knew who it was, but it could never properly confirm of who it was that was calling out to her. The tone that was used was obviously trying to taunt her, gain her attention. Desperately.

Taking in a deep quivering breath, she exhaled with a twitch. Slowly closing her eyes shut, everything turned black, nothing to be seen through her eyelids. Maintaining a calm and relaxed breathing pattern, her frown straightened out.

You're fine. You're fine, Frisk. The past is the past. No one remembers... No one remembers...

But.

You're not fine. You're not fine, Frisk. The past will haunt you forever. He remembers. Sans remembers. You know it, and yet your hesitant to believe it.

Her lips trembled as her pattern in breathing faltered.

He doesn't forgive you for what you've done. You killed his brother - his family over and over again. Why would he forgive you?

Her eyes shot open, covering her mouth with both of her hands with heavy breaths coming out. Tears brimmed at the corner of her eyes, her body shaking violently at her own thoughts.

You don't deserve him. He doesn't like you, stop fantasizing. Grow up and face the fact:

Bending her head over her knees, quiet sobs escaped from her hands.

He hates you.

----------

Sans - the well-known lazy skeleton - groaned loudly as the sun started to force it's way into his hallow eye sockets without any kind of warning.

Shuffling around on what he thought was his bed, he covered his face with his white skeletal fingers before dozing off uncomfortably.

"SANS! WAKE UP ALREADY!" Papyrus screeched, practically shaking the entire house along with his voice. It was amazing (amazingly annoying) how a few words from his mouth could cause such a thing.

The volume of his brother's booming voice startled the short sleepy skeleton. "Shhh!" He shushed in an annoyed tone, covering his head with a pillow his hand found.

Papyrus narrowed his eyes angrily at the fool, snatching the pillow away from him and throwing it at the end of his bed. "SANS, HURRY UP. I'VE GOT LUNCH READY AND I DON'T WANT IT TO GET COLD!" He ushered, picking Sans up from the hip bone and carrying him out of his room.

Grillby had delivered Sans back into the hands of his younger brother - Papyrus - as if he was delivering pizza to a customer. The for elemental monster had no need to explain the situation Sans had gotten himself into, since Papyrus was well aware about his brothers attendances.