T W E N T Y - F I V E

An eerie silence broke out between the three; Frisk no longer moving - seeming to have passed out from exhaustion, with Sans towering over her body as he and Flowey stared at each other.

Flowey was the first to look away, ashamed and upset of admitting what he had said earlier. He wasn't very fond of mentioning a dead relatives name.

Especially when it included speaking badly of them. For he, himself, knew that he was in no place to speak of her actions.

  "She's gone for now." Said Flowey, guiding his gaze to Frisk's motionless body. She was pale, and stiff as a brick. "Carry her to the couch."

Sans decided not to pressure him with any questions and did as he said, seeing as he was indeed right. He was going to do that either way. But he didn't like that he was being ordered by a weed.

He pulled himself on to the side of Frisk's lifeless body and wrapped his arms around her, lifting the both of them up from the ground and on to the couch side by side.

Resting her head carefully on his lap, he looked at the flower suspiciously.

  "So..." He trailed off, "who is this Chara person you spoke of?"

Flowey plopped himself on to the couch as well, readjusting the positions of his roots inside the pot. "A deceased relative."

Sans couldn't help but chuckle darkly at his answer. "Does it look like I'm in the mood for games, flower?" His eye sockets lost their light as they darkened, his grin getting relatively lower.

  "No, but I'm up for a game of truth or dare." He smiled sarcastically, dropping the smile as he looked at the ground.

They both knew that they wouldn't get along, not even in a dire situation like this. One that they were in right now. Their communication between one another was beyond unstable.

  "Do you really think I'd be lying in a time like this?" He questioned. Sans looked at him with an arched bone brow.

  "Okay, fine. So maybe I would- but this is Frisk we're talking about it. She's my... My..." He paused, clearing his throat before resuming. "Friend."

Sans rolled his eyes, doubtful from Flowey's words.

  "So what are ya gettin' at?" Asked Sans, slumping in to the couch more, making sure that he didn't wake Frisk by his sudden movements.

Flowey gave a stiff and serious look, holding back the urge to shiver at Sans' dark expression. He knew that he'd be dead where he stood if he pushed him too far.

  "I... I-I..." He stuttered nervously, avoiding eye contact from him and looking at Frisk instead. "No... Let me put more simply; do you believe in ghosts?"

Sans grinned at his question, chuckling quietly. "Ghosts? What does that have to do with..." He paused, his grin faltering as he starred at Frisk.

  "Exactly. What I'm getting at is that she was being possessed, played with." Said Flowey.

Flowey was expecting Sans to have snapped at him for sounding so ridiculous, regardless if he was actually telling the truth, but to his surprise, he didn't.

He was frozen, the white pupils in his sockets downsizing to mere pinpricks that were like dots. His eyes were fully focused on Frisk's pale face.

When properly took the time to actually look and think about it, Flowey's story sounded much like a possibility. A strong one at that.

And as much as he hated to admit it, the possibility of it being correct grew more as he thought about it even deeper.

The red eyes, the sudden change in attitude, and even their fights in the judgement hall. During their battles, Sans noticed something different about her. Obviously, her attitude, personality and what-not.

But her appearance that glitched out from time to time. Not to mention that they were able to create a weapon from their soul power.

And if Flowey was right, that would mean...

  "Sans!" Flowey yelled, his loud shrieking voice snapping Sans back to reality.

He darted his eyes around the room frantically, looking back down at Flowey whom was on the opposite side of the couch.

Sans held a hand against his head, the thoughts in his head were harrowingly painful to him to even think about.

  "Are you okay? You zoned out there." Flowey asked worriedly, genuinely worried for his well-being. Which as very out of character for a being like him.

Sans chuckled lightly, nodding once with his grin returning. "Worried about me, huh?" He asked teasingly.

  "Oh, shut up. I'm only worried that you might wake Frisk up, you ketchup stained trash." Flowey retorted, snarling at him.

  "Anyways, what does this Chara person want with Frisk?" Sans asked, leaning an elbow on the armrest besides him as he rested the edge of his chin on his hand.

Flowey looked startled, "Wait, you mean... You actually believe me?" He asked.

  "Well, yeah. When you think about it deep enough, I realised something." Flowey couldn't believe what he was hearing.

  "During our fight," he gestured towards Frisk, "I noticed that her appearance changes every once and a while. Like it wasn't the same character."

Sans laughed at his own pun, Flowey hissing at him like a deranged cat. He felt a sudden shift on his lap, realising that they'd both waken their sleeping beauty from her slumber.

She grumbled with a pained groan, followed by a whimper. Her wrists were stinging and her head stirred uncomfortably.

  "Sans...?" Asked Frisk in a quiet voice, barely opening her eyes slightly.

Sans took note that she was back to her normal state and self, seeing that her eye colour had gone back to the regular colour it was when he last checked. Radiant golden coloured eyes. Absolutely mesmerising.

  "Morning' sleeping beauty. You feeling alright?" Sans inquired, gently brushing the top of her head smoothly.

  "C...C-Chara..." She stammered, her voice hoarse and broken. Her throat was dry and scratchy, making it difficult to even swallow.

The name caught both Sans and Flowey off guard, giving each other looks of concern before directing their eyes back at their main concern.

  "I'm sorry... So sorry..." She whimpered, her mouth quavering uncontrollably as she tried to hold back her water works from breaking.

Sans brushed his skeletal hand against her head, brushing strands of hair out of her face and behind her ears.

  "Hey, kid... It's alright." He cooed, bringing her closer to his chest. "I know it wasn't you."

He could feel her shaking her head. "Even so... I'm sorry..." She cried.

On the contrary, Flowey rolled his eyes at their mushy scene. "Just kiss already, oh my god." He murmured, shaking his head as he looked in to another part of the room.