S I X T E E N

When the morning came, Sans stretched his arms out wide as he slowly opened his eyes. Looking on his side, he was expecting to see Frisk laying on the bed next to him, but instead, she wasn't there.

The noise of something metal clanging against the floor was heard downstairs. Sans quickly whipped the blanket off of himself and bolted down the stairs.

There in the kitchen, Frisk was standing idle near the counter as a knife stained with blood was resting on the ground. She was holding her hand against her wrist which was where the blood was oozing out of.

"Shit... Chara you ass." She mumbled to herself. The word seemed to surprise Sans as he placed his hand on her shoulder. She flinched away from him and landed the ground with wide eyes looking back at him.

Sans picked up the bloody knife and placed it on the counter near him. He had his hands out in front of her, showing that he wasn't going to hurt her in any way.

"Kid, look. It's me, Sans." He said with a small smile, slowly taking a step towards her. The fear in her eyes started to fade away as she came to a realisation that it was her friend.

Putting his hand behind Frisk's back, he pulled her closer towards him, making her body slide against the floor. "It's alright, Frisk. You're safe." He cooed.

Frisk's eyes started to soften as she wrapped her arms around him, quietly sobbing in to his chest. Whenever she was around him, it was like he blocked off all of her negative thoughts running through her mind.

"I-I'm sorry..." She whimpered, snuggling her body closer towards his chest. He felt his heart beat quicken as a faint blush was spotted on his cheeks.

He shook his head, gently brushing his hand against her hair. "It's alright..."

~~~

After they had their little moment together, Sans helped Frisk sit on the couch as he went to clean up the mess in the kitchen. He couldn't help but question himself of what Chara was doing to the poor kid.

And soon enough, they both heard Papyrus coming down the stairs with a loud yawn. "Oh, good morning, Frisk." He did a wave towards her as he went to sit down on the couch as well.

She smiled weakly as she pulled down her sleeves and did a small wave back. "Did you sleep well?" He asked, using his hand to rub his eyes. Frisk nodded.

"Oh, hey bro." Sans greeted, coming out from the kitchen. Papyrus shot his eyes open in shock, staring at his brother as if he was witnessing a ghost.

He was at a loss for words as they struggled to come out of his mouth. But finally, he managed to speak properly. "BROTHER?! WHY- NO, HOW ARE YOU UP SO EARLY?!" Papyrus questioned with his loud booming voice. Frisk had to cover her ears from the volume of his voice.

It was truely amazing how loud Papyrus could speak at times.

"Woah, chill bro. I just came in to get a snack." Sans said with his hands out in front of him, walking towards the fridge and grabbing an apple out of it.

Whatever, it's an excuse.

Papyrus' smile dropped as his arms dangled at his side's. "OH." He said with a hint of disappointment in his brother. Sighing, he went back to sit next to Frisk again.

"Are you going to come to the birthday party that Toriel is throwing tomorrow, Frisk?" Papyrus asked curiously as his smile was restored.

Frisk tilted her head at the question. "What birthday party?" She asked.

Papyrus seemed to be surprised that Frisk didn't know about it. "Ah well, Toriel told me that it's one of your classmates birthday and she was going to help set it up!"

(A/N: Since I'm too lazy to actually write what Papyrus is going to say, I'll just explain it here.

So, the birthday party is going to be held at the birthday kids house not at Toriel's. Papyrus and Undyne will be helping her out as well. Toriel wanted to keep it a secret from Frisk so that she could surprise her. [Since Frisk hasn't had very nice birthdays with her late father.]

Okay yep, continue.)

"Oh, well that sounds fun. Sure, of course I'll come!" Frisk said with a radiant smile plastered on her face.

A birthday party...
Huh?