T W E N T Y - T H R E E

As the days flew by like a tick on a clock, Frisk stayed locked up inside her room every day. She didn't respond to the worried knocks on the door, nor did she come out to have something to eat or drink.

Her mind was being flooded with thoughts, unpleasant ones as well. During the last few days, she's done nothing but sleep and think.

Nightmares occured as well, seeming to be all too vivid for her.

Although it would be rational to stop sleeping, she kept going. She didn't know why, but she wanted to relive the memories of the past.

The killing of the monsters, resetting, the dust that coated her clothes. The sweet release of pleasure that consumed her when ending a life. It was like a reward for herself.

That was the thing with Chara. The feeling of joy when ending a life was a gift from Chara to Frisk. A curse, really.

With the sun being covered by the grey clouds that surrounded the sky, rain began to fall from above. The tiny knocks of the droplets dropping against her window, catching her attention abruptly.

She was sitting on her bed, her head turned to face the window as the droplets continued to rain down. Swinging her legs across the edge of the bed, she stood, walking towards the window. The only bit of light she had in her room.

Placing her shaky hands on the ledge, a smile curved up her mouth. The relaxing sound of the rain falling against the glass making her feel at peace.

Turning herself around in the opposite direction, she dashed towards her door and unlocked it. Pulling the door open with a small creak coming from the corner, she slipped between the narrow gap and rushed downstairs.

"My child?!" Toriel exclaimed in shock as she was in the kitchen. Frisk paid no mind to her, heading for the back door. Sliding it open, she jumped in to the grass and straightened her arms out besides her.

With the enjoyment of the rain hitting against her face, she smiled with a faint giggle. "Rain..." She mumbled to herself.

Toriel and Asgore were standing inside, giving confused looks towards Frisk. This was their first time in a week seeing Frisk for so long.

"My child? What are you doing?" Toriel asked, tilting her head a little to the side to express her confusion.

Frisk turned around with her arms still stretched out besides her. "The wind, the rain, all these sounds are true music..." The words seemed to have slipped out before she slapped both of her hands over her mouth.

"I mean... I just love the rain!" She remarked with a fake smile, changing in to a childish tone.

Funny thing is, it worked.

~~~

Toriel was forced to drag Frisk back inside the house and wrap a towel around her, keeping her from getting a nasty cold.

She was stuck sitting on the couch with Asgore as she was getting questions thrown at her back and forth.

It was only until the two of them had to go out somewhere that she was free to do what she wanted. And as soon as they were gone, she immediately headed back outside in to the rain.

Although she was already soaked enough, she generally enjoyed the feeling of the rain splashing against her face. It was cold, but it was pleasant.

This time however, she decided to sit on the wooden ledge where the rain could still get to her. After she was finished being outside, it was clear that she'd probably end up with a bad cold.

With her eyes closed and her face looking up at the clouds that coated the sky, a small popping sound came from the ground in front of her.

She didn't even need to spare a look at who or what it could've been. "What are you doing?" Flowey questioned. Frisk's thoughts were confirmed.

"Enjoying the time I have." She stated bluntly, shifting her position as she crossed her legs while sitting down.

Flowey raised an eyebrow at her answer. "What do you mean by that?" He questioned suspiciously. Frisk frowned, her frown faltered instantly.

"You know exactly what I mean by that, Flowey."

"And what if I don't?"

. . .

"What happened this time."

~~~

A/N :

Oof, why are people reading this lmao. Much appreciated anyways, even if this is a place where I come to vent out some ideas and feelings. ಡ ͜ ʖ ಡ