PROLOGUE: Escape

Finishing up in her office, one man opens the door and walks closer to her. Carrying another documents for the case they are currently working on. The breeze from her open window winds in. She immediately closed it and lets the curtains fell down as she untied it.

Walking back to her table, she sits on her swivel chair and rolls in again. The man puts the documents on her table and started talking.

"That's all you wanted. All the evidences and the leads that are needed to catch the culprit. Gosh! This case really got us into this Royal madness!"

"Atleast we're almost finished with the case. The castle would have their silence again after this. Well.. except when the Count Rupert is around."

"You're right about that, Sarge. I don't even like the atmosphere when he's around."

Lisa chuckles as to what Bambam just said. The night breeze in London keeps them inside the headquarters for some warm lattes when they are working. Lisa would go to back to her apartment late at night covering her body with the thickest and coziest jacket she had.

The young lead inspector, Lalisa Manoban, took a case out of the country with their sub-unit that are responsible for global cases. She said she needed it to at least get out of Korea and get a little break. There were many things that has happened there when she was young and to her late partner in job. After her partner died in a car accident, Lisa suffered again in the same trauma she had when she was young. That she really asked their chief to let her do cases out of the country. It was her escape. She's still having series of nightmares even after years, for over 10 years that has happened and over 2 years ago with her partner.

Same car crashed that traumatized her in much different level. She got her phobia after what happened when she was young with her parents. After they died, as being the only survivor, she suffered a lot.

"I need to at least compare all these evidences to our suspects and see who is the real culprit for this case. I already gathered the information about all the suspects we have. There should be one." Lisa utters as she browses the documents.

"There sure is, sarge." Bambam said.

Bambam is assigned to go with her in this case. From what happened before, she prefers working alone on cases. But the chief still assigned one to go with her. She's been working in the global cases for two years now. She misses her country and the people who adopted her after the accident. She wanted to go back but every time she thinks about it, her chest burns in ways she couldn't resists.

"I'm already a Lead Inspector and you're the Sergeant. Why are you still calling me Sarge, sarge?" Lisa looks at Bambam and raises her eyebrow.

Bambam smiled sheepishly and scratches his nape.

"I know I know. I just.. I'm used to it. Don't worry, ma'am, I'll do my job." Bambam utters and playfully smiled again. Lisa just hissed and turns her gaze on the documents again.

"You can go now. I'll work late tonight and tomorrow morning, we're gonna arrest the killer. The suspects are already in our custody, so that wouldn't be a problem." Lisa utters. Bambam nodded and bowed to her then walks out of her office.

Lisa stood up and walks closer to her board. The faces of the suspects are pinned on the board. She collected the documents and started writing on her notes so that she could compare all of it to the pictures. She started pinning down the notes and one of them contains everything. Lisa sighed and shakes her head.

"You will be behind bars tomorrow morning, miss." Lisa mumbles as she looks at the one suspect that matches all the evidences.

Lisa heaves another breath and puts the documents inside her drawer. She stretches a bit, twisting her neck and arms. Then decided to go home. She grabbed her jacket and things and went straight outside. The cold lets her see her own breath coming out from her mouth.