EPILOGUE: Partners

During those months that Lisa's in London, Jennie was devastated. She's really broken-hearted that time. The time Lisa left, Jennie went to her mom and aunt. She told them everything and really cried so much in front of them. Both of them are really disappointed and hurt seeing Jennie in pain.

CL was left alone. Seunghyun often visits her in her house and giving her company. The headquarters go on. Cases closing, investigations, examining evidences. The detectives are busy.

Jennie worked alone. Sometimes, she would ask Bambam's help because she feels exhausted and Lisa's really occupying her mind. She loses concentration most of the time because of her pain. She spends the nights alone, crying on her couch until she fell asleep. Same goes on her bed. She often visits CL too and chats with her. But then, everything goes back to normal when she's alone in her house again. No Lisa annoying her. No Lisa who watches some series with her. No Lisa kissing and hugging her. Her tears fall non-stop. She was hurt but never did Lisa left her mind.

Lisa, on the otherhand, was so busy working also. She keeps on accepting case after case just to make herself busy. Then in her apartment, she would stare blankly at the ceiling, she's lying on her bed, then Jennie would flash in her mind. The next thing she knew, her tears are falling, her breathing becomes harder, her chest tights that even embracing herself didn't help. She was hurt. But she still fall for her everytime she thinks of her. And not a single day that Jennie left her mind.

•••••

Jennie and Lisa are in Jennie's car. The heavy rain is pouring. Only the drops on top of the car can be heard and the sound of the neutral button been pressed in the stormy weather.

Another sound. A lollipop stick cracking being bitten by a girl.

Jennie glances at her and watches how Lisa bites the stick. Lisa noticed her stares and turns to her. Jennie's still staring at her. Lisa averted her gaze but Jennie's still looking at her with her soft stares.

"Are you just.. going to stare at me all night? Or you'd drive? The light is green." Lisa utters and turns back to her.

Jennie got herself back and her mouth agaped. Then gulped and awkwardly holds the steering wheel. She shifted the gear handle to drive again and then leans on the gas softly.

"Oh no. A heavy traffic? Come on.." Lisa glances at her phone to check the time.

"Do you think I need to call the others? Do you think we can make it?" Lisa asked worriedly.

"We will make it there. Don't worry.." Jennie utters.

Then vehicles are slowly moving. Jennie's trying to pass through some cars so that they would be able to make it to their dinner with the others.

"If you didn't come back for me, you should've been eating with them already." Jennie mumbles as she drives, still passing through some cars then stopped again.

"I thought you've been waiting for me to come back to you." Lisa mumbles but not looking at Jennie.

Jennie closes her eyes. What she said is obviously not about that. But she took a deep breath and breathes out. Lisa turns to her.

"That's really deep, Miss J." Lisa mumbles again after hearing her sigh.

Jennie's phone suddenly rings. She looks at it and Jisoo's caller ID appears.

"Hm, unnie?" Jennie answered. She thought of pressing the loudspeaker so that Lisa would hear her too.

"Where are you? What's taking you so long? Is Lisa with you?" Jisoo fired her with successive questions. Jennie closes her eyes and shakes her head.