Chapter 27: That talk

Lisa is laughing her ass out while watching a show on the television. Jennie is preparing her dinner. She went back to her house just to get some clothes and goes back to Lisa to take care of her. She's still has a fever.

Jennie walks to her and puts the plates on the middle table. Lisa immediately grabbed hers and sticks her eyes back on the show. Jennie watches with her.

"Sorry, you got suspended because of my recklessness, Lis." Jennie utters as she fixes her sit beside Lisa.

"It doesn't matter.. I'm just glad you're okay.. and here." Lisa smiles at her and eats again.

"I'm thankful to CL unnie that she still let me stay with you during our suspension. I'm worried and I really regret whatever I did. It all sinked in last night while I was watching you sleep and how you breathe heavily.."

"Stop worrying.. I'm really fine now. Just a little headache but I'm good." Lisa squeezes Jennie's hands and kissed it.

Jennie nodded then kissed Lisa's forehead. They continued eating while watching Lisa's favorite animation movies. CL really sends some officers to guard the house. Jennie saw them when she got out to get clothes from her house. And the rain is pouring down. It makes the atmosphere cooler.

Few hours have passed, they just found themselves cuddling on the sofa, still watching movies. They feel contented about it. Just by being with each other, with the cozy weather. Jennie gazes at Lisa behind her because she worries that the girl might be cold even under the blankets.

"Babe, still okay?" she asked anxiously.

But Lisa is not responding. She then heard some cute snores from behind her and feels hot little breaths on her nape. She slowly turns around and saw Lisa fell asleep. She giggles and pecks on Lisa's lips. She checks on her temperature and it got better. The medicine might made her sleepy.

Jennie slowly gets up and fixes the blanket over Lisa. She goes to the kitchen to get a basin and warm water again to rub on Lisa's body for the last time for her to get well completely. She turns on the stove and boil some water then goes to Lisa's room and wears a sweater because she feels cold.

•••••

Few moments after, she finished rubbing Lisa's body and cleans the basin. Lisa's phone suddenly beeps and Jennie unintentionally reads the message on the notification panel and her blood suddenly boils. She glares at Lisa but didn't do anything yet. Then the door opened and CL comes in. Jennie stood up from beside Lisa and bowed to the woman.

"How is she?" CL asked.

"Her temperature went back to normal but her head still hurts, she said. We already had our dinner and she took her medicines. She fell asleep while watching."

"Okay. Uhh.. by the way.." CL started as she reached her room's door.

"Wait. Let me just change." she utters and closes the door. Jennie nodded.

Few minutes of waiting, CL gets out.

"There's another case that's filed a while ago. I thought of both of you, but since you are suspended.. I gave the case to Seulgi and Irene. But then another came, and all detectives are already have something working on, so.. the two of you are the only ones left."

Jennie nodded while listening attentively to the chief.

"As soon as Lisa feels better tomorrow, then.. get your heads back in the game and go to my office." CL utters and feels Lisa's temperature with her hands.

"Oh. You're right. Her temperature went back to normal." she utters.

"But chief, she might get exhausted and get sick again if she works right away after being so sick. I can do the primary investigation tomorrow and just let Lisa rest for the rest of her suspension. It's just two days and I can visit her here to take care of her." Jennie said as she stood up and walks to the kitchen.