Chapter 6: Perfume

Jennie frowns at Lisa when she asked. She then walks closer and looks at the plaque she just restored.

"Miss J, he was the most frequent visitor of this zoo. We need him for interrogation, I guess."

"H-How is that r-relevant to our investigation?" Jennie averted her gaze from Lisa.

"If he's a frequent visitor here, he must have known Bobby." Lisa utters and noticed how uncomfortable Jennie becomes all of a sudden.

"Don't worry. You don't have to face him. I can ask him myself." Lisa utters while looking at Jennie. The girl is just quiet.

•••••

When they got out of the Terrarium, Lisa noticed how Jennie becomes quiet even with the animals' noises. She often got startled but now, she's oddly quiet.

Jennie lifted her head and noticed someone not too far from them. She stopped in her tracks and gulped. Lisa noticed it and turns to where she's looking at.

Unconsciously, Lisa holds Jennie's wrist and walks closer with her as they approaches the man.

"Kim Hanbin-ssi.." Lisa calls out. The man turns to them.

"J-Jennie-yah.. w-what are you doing here? Look. I'm so so--Stop. Just.. don't talk to me."

"Kim Hanbin-ssi, the zoo isn't open yet until further notice. How did you get in?" Lisa asked him and Jennie could feel her coldness through her voice. Her eyes turns to her wrist which being held by Lisa.

"The zoo gave me a special membership card. They offered it to the most frequent visitors of the zoo, allowing us to have an early entry." Hanbin replied annoyingly when he noticed their hands. Lisa tightens her hold on Jennie's.

"Anyway, I adore watching animals. To quote the famous Jungle Book, 'hour of pride and power, talon and tush and claw!' I adore watching them graze in the bucolic light of dawn." Hanbin proudly says. Jennie looks at him with an eyebrow raised.

'The Jungle book, huh....' Lisa thought.

"We're here because a zoo vet was murdered." Lisa said.

"What? One of the carers was killed?!" Hanbin gasps at them. Lisa glared at him.

"Yes and we thought you might know him."

"I'm afraid my visit here is to avoid humans and enjoy the animals." Lisa heard Jennie hissed.

"Even the snakes wrangling are more enjoyable to me than talking to people." Hanbin added and scratches his jaw. Jennie noticed it and looks at Lisa.

"That would be all for now, Kim Hanbin-ssi. Please keep in touch, we might still need you for further questioning." Lisa said.

"Jennie, can we talk?" Hanbin looks at Jennie.

"No. We're busy." Jennie pulled her wrist from Lisa and walks faster, avoiding Hanbin at all cost.

•••••

Jennie quietly watches the footage in the zoo office. Lisa noticed Jennie is still quiet. She glances at her from time to time. There's just the two of them in the Security office of the zoo.

"This. Look." Jennie utters and that's when Lisa got herself back and watches the footage.

"Heated convo of Bobby and the zoo owner, Yang Minseok?" Lisa mumbles.

"So, they are really in each other's throats after all. We need him for another questioning, Lisa-ssi."

"And that's involving baby pandas now? How could he.." Lisa muttered while clenching her fists. Jennie turns to her and chuckles.