Chapter 29: Space

Jennie's starting to get annoyed because Lisa's been calling her so many times. She's being so irritating for Jennie. The two of them are in their office, updating the case.

"Unnie unnie.. what about the coat, by the way?"

"I told you to re--I already read it. I don't know how is that relevant to the case."

"Lisa, if you rea-- It's said here that it's from an SUV tire."

"Yes, it--I don't get---LISA!! For goodness' sake!!"

Lisa got startled when Jennie yelled and rolled her chair back to her table. She bent her head down and pouts. She just read in silence while Jennie is still glaring at her.

"You are so annoying today, I don't know why! I told you to read the updates, didn't I?! Just read it and you'll catch up! ... "

Jennie's phone suddenly rings.

"SHUT UP!" Jennie unconsciously yelled at her phone.

"Goddamnit!" Jennie grabs her phone and answered it.

"What?" she glared at Lisa and gets out of the office.

Lisa gulped and scratches her head. She took a deep breath and turns to her computer again.

"She looks like she's gonna eat me alive. Gosh, Jennie-yah.." Lisa mumbles to herself as she caressed her chest.

She shrugged it off and continued on reading the case. She gets some information during their investigation the other day.

Few moments, Lisa got startled when Jennie abruptly opened the door. Lisa looks at her anxiously because she looks so worried and about to cry. Lisa stood up and walks to Jennie while the older started to clean up her desk and grabs her things.

"Hey hey.. what happened? Who was that?"

"Lis.. it's my mom." Jennie utters with shaky voice.

"Why? What did she tell you? Hey.. calm down for a while."

Lisa stops Jennie by holding her hands and cupping her face.

"Calm down. I'm not gonna let you drive all the way to your mom looking like this."

"Lis, I have to go." Jennie continued cleaning her desk and looked really panicked.

"Yah.. calm down first, will you.."

"I can't calm down! She said my father is there right now! And I don't know what could happen to my mom if he stayed there for long! Lisa, I have to go!"

Jennie pushes Lisa and gets out of their office. Lisa was left shocked. She just massages her temple and leans on her table.

•••••

A day have passed, Lisa haven't got a call from Jennie yet. She's really worried about her but she can't do anything since they have a case working on. She tried calling her but she couldn't reach her.

She went out of their office and walks to the Tech Lab and to Jisoo.

"Unnie, did Jennie unnie call you already? Did she update you or anything? A text, did she text you? Unnie, anything?"

Jisoo sighed.

"Lisa, no, she haven't. You said she went to her mom's house. Maybe she's busy there. Just.. she'll come back. Don't worry." Jisoo said while looking at Lisa anxiously. The girl nodded and went back to their office.

She decided to go back for another investigation. She just thought of making herself busy to lessen her worriness but she knows it won't help.

•••••