Chapter 13: Happy Birthday

Lisa couldn't sleep that night and she doesn't know why. She thought, it's maybe because tomorrow is her parents' death anniversary. And she swears to God if her sister got another surprise for her, she won't hesitate to burn their house down.

'I won't do that, author-nim! Though it's an option if she did, but no! Aish!'

Just kidding. ^___^v

But in all seriousness, if Chaerin would do another surprise for her, she won't go home for weeks again.

Since their accident, Lisa hates the date ever since. And she promised herself that she won't celebrate her birthday anymore.

One time, Chaerin and Seungri surprised her on her 18th birthday. Her anger rised up and she threw everything and ruined everything of her sister and brother's effort. She really got angry. Even their workmates and Lisa's close friends knew about it. And from that day, they didn't do it anymore. Lisa doesn't have to remind them about that because they completely get it.

She slides off on her bed and again, went to a bar. The same night for her escape. Same routine. Same hobby. Drinking and a girl for the night.

After that, she was able to sleep.

•••••

She woke up early. She knows CL is still sleeping even the sun almost came out already. She took a bath and makes her way out of the house, as usual, with her lollipop. She brought a pack of it and a basket full of sweets. She's going to spend the whole day with her parents.

Upon stepping on the mausoleum, she puts the basket on a table and sits beside her parents. She turned off her phone so that no one could disturb her. Then she begun talking to her parents like she always does.

•••••

Jennie woke up and took a bath. She faced the mirror and saw how swollen her eyes are. She shrugged it off and shakes her head. She noticed a bruise on the corner of her lips. She just sighed and continued her tracks to the crime scene.

When she arrived, she saw the janitor, cleaning not so far from the crime scene. She walks closer to him.

"Uhh.. excuse me." Jennie started. The janitor turns to her.

"Good morning, ma'am. May I ask you until when is your investigation here?"

"I can't really answer that, sir. We don't have definite day. But I'll assure you we'd finish things up here as soon as possible."

The janitor nodded.

"I just wanted to ask if you could lend me some caution tapes so that other students refrain from going in and out of the scene for a while."

"I would give you some, sir. I just wanted to ask you about this event." Jennie gave the paper she printed from the victim's laptop.

"Ahh.. it was a big event and students really partied and gone wild that time."

"Do you know where it was held?"

"Yes, ma'am. There. Maybe you could look on the place if you needed to."

"Yeah. Thanks, sir."

Jennie bowed and walks to where the janitor pointed. As she walks, she wonders why Lisa isn't at the place yet. She didn't stop by their office, she thought she might still be there. She tried to call Lisa's number but it's unattended. She just shakes her head and continued investigating.

Jennie noticed a handbag on a tree branch as she walks to where the event held. It was just in front of the main building of the university. No students around since it's early and they're probably in their classes.