Chapter 39: Awkward

Lisa went back to the crime scene and tried to search again. She went to the front yard of the victim's house. She scrunches her face again with the scene because it's too messy and too many things are scattered.

"Until when are you going to be here, detective?" the victim's husband met her.

"So absurd asking that question, Mr. Kim. I'm here to search for more evidences and to find that nail gun. Unless you hid it somewhere." Lisa glared to the man.

The man scoffed and shakes his head.

"Whatever you say. I'm clean. Just do your job and find my wife's killer."

"Or probably I'm talking to him now.."

The man shakes his head again and went inside their house.

Lisa just followed him with her stare. She then continued her track. She goes to the side of the house and under the huge plant, she crouches.

"Nice."

She picks up the nail gun she was looking for. She examines it and found some weird fibers right in the drill insertion. She collected samples of the fibers before she kept the nail gun.

"What are these now?" she mumbles while looking at the ziplock with the fibers in it.

She roams around again and found a tool box. She tried to rummage inside. She gasps when she found a handkerchief with blood. She again put it in the bag.

She stares at the front door of the house before leaving the scene. It took her hours of searching before she found the things she was looking for. She glances at her phone to see the time.

"Sht." She mutters.

She immediately left and walks her way back to the headquarters. She went straight to Raesung for the fiber sample and the handkerchief she found.

"I would like you to examine these things I found in the scene. Might give us something about the killer. This case is getting too long and I want this to get through already." she said as soon as she met the guy.

"Right away, detective." Raesung grabs the things.

"Call me right away as soon as you get something."

The guy nodded. Lisa then walks her way back to their office and met Jisoo along the way.

"Unnie, what time will be Chaeyoung's party?" she asked.

"Uhh.. I think, later at 5."

"That's an hour from now."

"Yep. And we're wrapping up things already. How about you and Jennie?"

"Oh sht! I better get going."

Lisa immediately runs to their office, leaving Jisoo dumbfounded and hanging with her question.

Lisa opened the door slowly and begun to get nervous seeing the girl's expression.

"So, that is your definition of quick?" Jennie mutters with crossed arms.

"I'm so sorry. I didn't notice the time. But I found things that could help the case in progress."

"Yeah.. I had my lunch anyway."

Lisa looks at Jennie and walks closer to her.

"I'm really sorry. I'll make it up to you. Promise."

"It's okay. Jisoo unnie went here and told me, the party will be at 5."

"Yeah.. I happened to passed by her a while ago. I went straight to the lab and talked to Raesung. I'll just update the thread and we can start cleaning."