Chapter 47: Suspension

The two went back to the victim's house and searched again. Until Jennie picks up a secret box, well-hidden but it never escaped our Deputy Chief's eyes.

"Well-hidden, huh.." Jennie mumbles as she examines the box.

"Excuse me, Kang Bora-ssi. What's inside this box?" she asked.

"Uhh.. i-it's nothing.. just girl stuff. Can you give it back? I never really intended for anyone to look through it." The girl replied. Jennie raises an eyebrow.

"I'm sorry. But we must look for every possible lead. I'm sure you understand." Jennie mutters while narrowing her eyes to the girl.

Bora shakes her head and no other choice but to let Jennie look through it. She walks her way back to the kitchen.

"After the cufflinks, now golden earrings." Jennie mumbles. Lisa is just watching her.

"No wonder Bora didn't want us to look through it." Lisa utters back.

"They must come from one of Taewon's robberies. Let's look through our database if one matches a report of it being stolen." Jennie utters.

"Uhh.. babe, I left the tools in our office." Lisa utters and couldn't look at Jennie.

"What?"

"I forgot about it. I thought we'd go to Kim Junyoung's first that's why I forgot about it."

Jennie chuckles and shakes her head. She puts her hands on Lisa's shoulders and smiles at her.

"You're so cute when you're guilty." Jennie teases and flashes her gummy smile. Lisa just pouts, feeling really guilty.

"It's okay.. let's go to Kim Junyoung's then."

Jennie picks up the earrings and puts it in a ziplock for database recognition.

•••••

Later in the afternoon, they go to the head of Kim Junyoung's security.

"Excuse me, sir. You're Kim Junyoung's head of security, right? I'm sure you know about the robbery?" Jennie asked the man.

"Hello to you too, gorgeous. And of course I do. Anything I can do to help you, miss." The man smirked. Jennie just frowns and looks at him intently. But not more intense than Lisa's glare.

"Mind telling us what you saw.." Jennie asked again.

"I was outside that time, smoking. When I saw two boys getting out of Mr. Kim Junyoung's house through the window. I started running after them but they were a leg up on me. I lost them when they ran to the park." The man utters, as if remembering what he saw.

"Two boys? Did you remember them? Can you identify them?"

"Slow down there, missy."

The man chuckles and walks closer to Jennie. But then Lisa interrupts and stopped the man on his chest while walking in front of Jennie. She plays on her lollipop and glared to the man.

"Why not just answer her questions.." Lisa mutters coldly.

The man chuckles and about to hold Lisa's wrist but Lisa suddenly holds his arm and twisted it on his back. She pinned the man to the wall.

"Lisa, no. Stop." Jennie holds Lisa's arm. Lisa gritted her teeth and pushed the man hardly.

"Did you kill that boy?" Lisa scowled and pushes hard again. The man groans.

"Lisa! Let him go!" Jennie scowled and pulled Lisa away from the man. Lisa lets go and the man twisted his arm.

Being the head of the security, the man really looks masculine and strong. But he didn't have the chance to fight back when Lisa did it to him faster than he expected. He glared at Lisa and her body. The man thought that with that skinny body of hers, he really felt her strength and she got him hurt his shoulder.