Chapter 20: Bothered

Lisa continued on asking the guy. And tries to get as much information from him without him noticing it.

"Do you know someone who could probably have the key to her briefcase? Like.. a friend or boyfriend?"

"Oh she did drop a key here the other day. Tell you what.. why don't you help me find my sketch and I'll hook you up." Jungkook tries to negotiate.

"Is this the sketch you're looking for, Jeon Jungkook-ssi?" Jennie gives her the rolled paper Lisa have found.

"Oh wow. Thank you. So fast, miss detective. Do you really do things fast like this?" Jungkook smirked at Jennie.

"Will you stop talking to her like that and start talking about Lee Da Bin." Lisa muttered with furrowed eyebrows.

Jennie gazed at Lisa and she can feel her cold tone.

•••••

"Wait. Is this V you're talking about the teacher named Kim Taehyung?" Lisa looks at him.

"Woah! How'd you know? There's only few people who knows his nickname."

"We're from KPD and it's our job to know. Guess the two of you have some similarities? Since he's an art teacher.."

"I'm just an artist, I'm not sketchy."

"We have Kim Taehyung in our custody about Jung Soojung's murder when we got a call about another student, Lee Da Bin got killed. Did you do his dirty works when he's occupied?" Lisa narrowed her eyes to the guy.

"Murder?! Ha! No way! Me and Da Bin were just friends and I didn't know she was killed. Please.. do you believe me?" Jungkook looks at them frustratingly.

"Doubting people is our job and right now, the link between you and our prime suspect is just too convenient too ignore. And if ever you tries to escape, I'd risk everything just to find you. Now, give us the key for Da Bin's briefcase now."

Lisa pulled Jennie on her wrist and walks away from the man after he gave the key.

"Hey!" The guy called again.

"Just so you know, me and Taehyung just happened to hang out that night and I didn't go anywhere with Da Bin because some weird and wild girl blocked our way. You can ask her yourself. I think her name is Nancy."

Lisa pulled Jennie again after Jungkook finished his monologue. They went to the dorm of the second victim, Lee Da Bin, and opened her briefcase.

"Oh.. class schedule? Let's see what's the connection between this victim and our killer." Jennie utters.

The two of them walks to the main building of the university to look for the director to ask about the schedule. Upon opening the door, they heard two ladies talking.

"Oh really? My teacher?"

"Yes. And if you'll have to excuse me. That teacher is so rude and he was verging an harassment."

Jennie and Lisa looks at each other.

"If the teacher could be that lewd, I'd consider transferring if I were you."

Then Jennie butts in. Lisa closes her eyes because of her actions.

"Hello, ma'am. I just wanted to know who's in charge in here." Jennie abruptly utters.

"I'm the director. How can I help you?"

"Two murders happened in this university. I would like to take a look around."

"Yeah sure. Are they students of this university? You know we have so many outsiders here and I don't even know how they could get in."

Jennie then gave the class schedule on the director.