Chapter 9: Case Closed

It was passed lunch when a heavy rain suddenly pours down. Jennie stared at the window right behind her tv as she sips on her coffee. She wonders what Lisa is doing right now. The heavy rain makes her anxious, realizing Lisa always walks her way to destinations.

"Should I check on her?" Jennie mumbles as she reached for her phone.

"Why would I even do that.. tss." Jennie furrowed her eyebrows.

She then heard a noise on her front door. A loud thud. She puts her cup on the mini table and stared at the door. She noticed a shadow under the gap. She silently unlocks the door and when she successfully twisted the doorknob without making loud noise, she abruptly open the door wide.

"WHO--Lisa?!"

"Ahw?"

Lisa glared at her when she suddenly opened the door and she drops on the cold floor.

"What are you doing in my front door?! Wait. Did you even leave when I closes the door this morning?"

Lisa looks at Jennie. She doesn't want the older to feel guilty.

"Y-Yes.."

Jennie raises her eyebrow after noticing Lisa fixes her hair again.

"Fine, no. I told you I want to talk to you."

"About what?" Jennie closes the door behind Lisa.

"I'm sorry."

Jennie stared at Lisa. The younger apologizes as sincere as she could.

"I'm really sorry for saying all those things to you."

"I told you, it's fine. I'm fine."

Lisa looks at Jennie and stared at her face. Her eyes turned to Jennie's head.

"What happened?" Lisa asked as she points to Jennie's forehead. The older touches it and chuckles. Then averted her gaze to Lisa.

"N-Nothing. Hehe~"

"Do you know you always stutter when you lie or you hide something? You always averts you gaze right before answering." Lisa looks at Jennie.

"I-I'm not." Jennie couldn't look at Lisa. The younger chuckles.

"See? You're doing it again." Lisa teases her. She stopped when she noticed Jennie is glaring at her.

"Why are you here, Lisa?" Jennie's tone becomes serious.

"To apologize." Lisa walks closer to Jennie.

"I'm really sorry for everything. I hope you can forgive me. I'll try best to be nicer to you, I promise."

"Nicer?" Jennie raises her brow while looking at Lisa.

"Uhh.. here." Lisa smiles cutely as she reached for her pocket and handed Jennie a lollipop.

Jennie can't help but smile because of how cute Lisa is right now, giving her a lollipop.

"So you'd be nicer to me by giving me candy? I'm not a kid, Lisa."

"Uhh.. I'm sorry." Lisa grabs Jennie's hand and puts the candy on it. Jennie's eyes widen when Lisa hugs her around her waist.

"I hope you can forgive me and give me chance to make it up to you." Lisa utters then tightens the hug.

Jennie knows that if she hugs Lisa back, her heart would give in. She clenches her fists tight to her side and refrains herself from hugging Lisa back. Until the younger releases.

"Please.. I'm so sorry."

"I-It's okay. We're okay." Jennie said.

Lisa furrowed her eyebrows because Jennie stuttered again and can't look at her.