Chapter 15: Hug

Lisa didn't try to bother Jennie after that day. The two became civil with each other and works professionally. They only talk when it's important and necessary. They both chooses it. But Lisa is surely misses Jennie. She doesn't know if Jennie feels the same to her.

And it's been a week of their case and they are still like that. Both ignoring each other's presence and not talking to each other when not necessary.

A knock is heard again in their office. Lisa approaches it and opens. They saw their team and the others too gets inside their office.

"Yo guys! Since the celebration got cancelled, we can celebrate it tonight. Are you guys free?" Seulgi utters and smiles widely.

Lisa scrunches her face.

"Come on, Lisa-yah.. we already closed the case three days ago." Rosé said.

"I don't think I could come, I'm sorry." Lisa feels sorry but she's just really busy.

Her head hurts in frustration about the case. They just got lucky that the killer hasn't making another move again.

"I could come." Jennie utters and looks at them, smiling.

Lisa noticed it and her heart throbs when she saw Jennie's smile. She felt a lump in her throat and gulps it hardly. Not the right time to cry.

"Yes! Come with us, Miss J. Let's get to know each others." Sinb excitedly said and jumps in excitement since she haven't talked to Jennie yet ever since her first day because all of them are busy.

"Cool! Let's go." Jennie said and turns off her desktop.

Lisa is just quiet and trying to focus on her desktop. Rosé approaches her.

"Lis, let's go? And it's already late." Rosé utters softly while tapping Lisa's shoulders.

Lisa just looks at her and faintly smile. Of course, Rosé knows. It may not mentioned, but Lisa told her everything because she's one of her closest friends.

"I'm okay here. I needed to finish this. Enjoy guys." Lisa nodded and gives them another faint smile.

Rosé stood up from sitting on her table and walks towards the door after everyone gets out.

"Are you sure you don't wanna come?" Rosé looks at her anxiously.

"I'm fine, Chaeng." Lisa utters and strokes her hair.

Rosé looks at her and nodded before closing the door.

'She's worse at lying too....' Rosé thought after closing the door behind her.

Lisa sighed and focused on her desktop again. She reached for her pocket and unwraps another lollipop.

•••••

Lisa touches her nape and stretches it. She glanced at the clock and it says, 1AM. She stayed late again. She have to study the case because she felt it's going nowhere. She doesn't know what Jennie have as lead and she can't ask her because she can't talk to her. She even sees that Jennie haven't updated the thread yet and all entries are from her investigation.

"This is what you wanted, right, Lisa.. to work alone. Now, you really do because you fucked up big time. Your fault and no one else." Lisa mumbles to herself and the door yanked opened.

"WAAHH!"

"AHH!!"

They both screams and Lisa abruptly stood up from her chair. She caressed her chest and clenches her eyes tight.

"Ghad you startled me! Aigoo.. my chest hurts." Lisa muttered while following Jennie with her stare.

The older just walks like nothing happened and pulled her drawers. She's looking for something. But her heart wants to come out of chest because she got startled too.