Chapter 12: Liar

The two are quietly eating. Only clanking of utensils can be heard from their table and from other tables too. They both can feel the atmosphere. Lisa grabs a glass of water and drinks it.

Jennie suddenly sighed while munching her foods. Lisa gazes at her.

"Yeah.. I-I know. It's so b-boring. I'm so sorry." Lisa utters shyly. Jennie shakes her head.

"No.. it's okay." Jennie smiled at her.

Then they got interrupted by a phone ringing. Jennie looks at the caller ID. She immediately picks up her phone.

"Yes, chief?" Jennie answered and gazed at Lisa.

"Another victim related to your new case. A girl was found dead inside her dorm in Hanguk University. ... "

Jennie abruptly stands and that startled Lisa and some of the people inside the restaurant.

"Yes, chief. We'll be there right away. Thanks." Jennie drops the call and looks at Lisa.

"Hanguk University. Let's go."

Jennie drinks her water and immediately runs to her car. Lisa asked for the bill and paid for their foods immediately then runs after Jennie.

"Okay! You need to calm down first before you drive!" Lisa utters anxiously to Jennie as she wears her seatbelt. Jennie nodded as she wears hers.

"We don't need to be in a hurry, unnie. Tell me what the chief said." Lisa utters while gripping so tight on Jennie's headrest and hand grip.

"A girl was found dead inside her dorm in Hanguk University and we're going there. They assumed it's the same serial killer." Jennie explains to Lisa.

"Did they send officers there already? To check the crime scene or they called us first?"

Jennie glances at Lisa and smiles innerly that the younger looks calm.

"I think, the chief called us first. So I think, we would still be able to see the body there." Jennie answered.

Lisa nodded and search for her pocket. Jennie noticed it and frowns.

"Unnie.." Lisa whines as she searched every pocket on her clothes.

"Why?"

"Lollipop. I don't have my lollipop."

Jennie glances at her and laughed. Lisa pouts while looking at her.

"Okay. Get my bag. I have one inside." Jennie utters while laughing.

Lisa immediately reached for Jennie's bag at the back. Jennie got surprised when she removes her seatbelt and crouches at the back.

"Omo.. Lisa-yah.. be careful." Jennie slows down a bit while Lisa's ravaging her bag at the back.

"Yey!" Lisa yelled out and went back to sit properly. Jennie looks at her anxiously. But seeing Lisa unwrapping the candy and looks fine, she's relieved.

"Okay. Seatbelt." Jennie focused on the road while pointing at Lisa's side.

She noticed Lisa's fast response and locks her seatbelt immediately. Jennie looks at her and saw her tight grip on the seatbelt and heaves a breath.

'Shocks! I can't believe I did that. My mind was really occupied by my lollipop that I didn't notice I actually removed my seatbelt.'

Lisa's eyeballs turn to Jennie.

'I didn't expect I would totally trust her immediately when it comes to driving. Her! For goodness' sake....'

"Hey, we're here." Jennie looks at Lisa and smiles.