Chapter 40: Question

The girls continued their game. Jennie suddenly feels like she wanted to go out and have some fresh air. The girls just let her and continued the party.

Lisa watches Jennie as she walks towards the door and outside. The girls then turned to Wendy.

"Do you really have to ask that?" Irene frowns at Wendy.

"What? Lisa chooses truth. That's the first question that comes to my mind. Look. It doesn't have to be a big deal. It's already done." Wendy said.

"Yeah.. it's no big deal to me. It's okay, unnie." Lisa said while shaking her head.

"To you. But to Jennie?"

Lisa looks at her and just shrugged.

"I said hated. It's past tense, unnie."

"Yeah.. but look at what that made Jennie feels."

"I'll just talk to her later."

Chaeyoung shakes her head and decided to follow Jennie. She found Jennie sitting on the hood of her car.

"Unnie.." Chaeyoung calls and smiles when Jennie looks at her. The girl forced a smile.

"You don't have to feel bad about it."

"Yeah.. it's o-okay.. it's fine. I know it already though."

"But?" Chaeyoung looks at her and sits beside her.

"What do you mean but?" Jennie frowns.

"There's always a but about everything. And this is the time for your but." Chaeyoung chuckles but then stopped right away.

Jennie glanced at her then withdraws it. She took a deep breath then shakes her head and lets out a chuckle.

"You know I love her, Chaeng. Knowing her hated me just makes me want to, you know.. love her more and prove myself. But.."

Jennie sniffs all of a sudden.

"Coming from her again, that she hated me, despised me.. she.. I d-don't know w-what to feel aside from b-being hurt again."

Chaeyoung heaves a breath and nodded. She looks at Jennie then puts her arm over the older's shoulders and rubs it, comforting her.

"Unnie.. Lisa. She loves you too and I can see that. She cares for you.. she protects you. That hate she was talking about, it's already gone. Like, long gone. She's too honest, but we all know she loves you." Chaeyoung utters as she caressed Jennie's shoulders.

Jennie wipes her tears and chuckles. But then, covers her eyes and cries. Chaeyoung hugs her tight. Then noticed someone is approaching.

"Can I talk to her, Chaeng?"

Chaeyoung looks at Lisa. The girl nodded and releases the hug. She caressed Jennie's shoulders again. The older nodded to her then forced a smile. Chaeyoung then quietly walks her way back inside and leaves the two to talk.

Lisa walks closer to Jennie and rests her hands on the older's shoulders, caressing her cheeks with her thumbs. She leans lower and looks at Jennie, who's bowing her head and wiping her tears. Lisa kissed her forehead. Her heart beats fast seeing the older.

"Hey.." She mumbles.

Jennie wipes her tears and looks up to Lisa, meeting her eyes. The younger arched her eyebrows and smiles. She pulled Jennie to stand up and then hugs her tight. The older wraps her arms around Lisa's waist.

"You don't have to cry about it. It was before. And I know you know that." Lisa utters.

She felt Jennie's nods on her chest. She strokes Jennie's hairs and tucks it in her ear then lifted Jennie's face to look at her. She pecks a kiss on her lips and smiles.