Chapter 5: Plaque

It was another night of nightmares. And Lisa didn't have second thoughts on going out again and did the same thing. Last night, knowing that her sister is in the house too, she covered the girl's mouth and continued with what she was doing. She then let the girl goes out of the house without Chaerin noticing anything suspicious about her.

She's walking her way to the headquarters while chewing her favorite lollipop. Lisa is wearing another coat, grey coat with white lines and a white crop top inside. While munching her lollipop, she scanned her hands to time in. She walks directly to their office and settled her things. She noticed that Jennie isn't in yet. She just shrugged. Her phone rung and she answered it.

"Ne, Bom unnie? Good morning." Lisa answered.

"Lis, we're done in the autopsy. Get here to the lab." Bom uttered on the line.

"Okay, unnie. Luckily I'm in the office already. Just got here. I'll be there in 5." Lisa said.

"Alright. See you." Bom then drops the call.

•••••

"Yeah.. I know, unnie. Bobby's murder is really a tragedy for us. Let's get this straight and have a nice mourning he deserves." Lisa uttered as soon as Bom and Dara met her with melancholic expressions.

"Yeah.. it's difficult enough having someone I know on my autopsy table." Bom utters.

"Even more so when he's a fine male specimen. Bobby will surely be missed." Dara seconded. The girls sighed and shakes it off then gets to business.

"We saw a wound on his head indicating that he got hit to make him unconscious. By the looks of the wound, I'm guessing it was a long, thin stick that the killer might used to hit his head." Bom explained.

"And as for the rope on his hands, maybe the killer tied him up if ever he wakes up." Dara said.

"How about the snake bites, unnie?" Lisa asked as he looks at the marks on Bobby's body.

"Eastern Coral Snake. The venom killed Bobby and it will be your murder weapon." Bom said as she looks at Lisa.

"Eastern coral snake? The one with red, yellow and black stripes?" Lisa looks at them. The girls nodded.

"The venom caused him to have slurred speech, muscular paralysis and followed by a fatal heart attack." Dara explains.

"Damn! What a terrible way to die. Poor Bobby." Lisa commented.

"But what's interesting is that Eastern coral is a timid creature that doesn't easily bites." Bom said as she puts her fingers in her chin.

"Then the killer is a good snake handler?" Lisa looks at them again, raising her eyebrow.

"That suspect will be charming himself out in their jail cell." Dara utters.

•••••

Lisa goes back to the office. Jennie is still not present. She sits in front of her laptop and typed in again the information she got from the coroners. She then decided to go back to the zoo for more investigation.

As usual, Lisa walks to the zoo and gets in over the caution tapes that surrounds the crime scene. She decided to check on where they found Bobby's body if they left anything. Few minutes, Jennie met her in the scene.

"You didn't you call me, Lisa-ssi? I'm sorry I'm late. My head hurts so much. Sorry for troubling you last night. I didn't know you already went home." Jennie said. Lisa just hissed and continued on her track.

"Why would I even call you? Tss." Lisa muttered coldly. Jennie frowns at her.

"Because we're doing a job together and I'm your par--No, you're not. And I told you, I prefer working alone. Chaerin unnie is not around so I don't need to pretend."