• nine •

AVERY

When I woke up and climbed down the stairs, the living room is a mess. A TOTAL mess. I felt like I visited a disaster scene. I can't help but laugh at their faces. Namjoon is face-palming himself, Hoseok is on his phone, as if he didn't drink the night before. Jin is nowhere to be found, Taehyung and Jimin are hugging each other, still asleep.

"Hey," someone tapped my shoulder. I turned around, and saw Jungkook. "Breakfast for you, I made that."

He was holding out a plate of scrambled eggs and bacon. I took the plate from and him and the fork he was holding. He just stood there, looking down on me, waiting for me to taste it. So I did, but the eggs were really really salty. I smiled instead and hid my expression. "It's good, thanks Jungkook."

"Do you want orange juice? Milk? Coffee?"

He's weird today.

"I'll have water, but it's okay I'll go get-" before I could finish my sentence, he's already on his way to the kitchen.

I sat on the couch and smiled at the boys. "Good morning, children."

"Uggggggghhhhhhhhhh," Namjoon ran his hands through his face, frustrated. "My head....hurts... like fuck..."

"GET YOUR FACE AWAY FROM ME!" Taehyung exclaimed, waking Jimin up.

"Are you okay? You don't seem to be having a hangover," I asked Hoseok, who was sitting next to me.

"Oh I'm okay, I didn't drink much last night like these idiots."

"Do you want me to cook hangover soup for you?" I asked the boys.

"Yes, please," Namjoon whispered to me.

"I'll do it!" Jungkook said, coming from the kitchen.

"NO!" The boys shouted in unison.

"It's okay, I'll cook," I told Jungkook while tying my hair in a bun. I took the apron he was wearing from him and walked to the kitchen.

"Atleast let me help?" He said, but before I could respond to him, Taehyung was pulling him by the hand, whining about Jimin.

The fridge was full of ingredients so it didn't take me long to cook soup for them. I called them all to the kitchen table to eat after I finished cooking.

"That's alright, we'll help you find a job!" Hoseok said.

"Yeah, I have many connections. I can look for someone that's hiring at the moment," Namjoon added.

I really need to find a job. They let me stay here, I can't let them spend more money on me. The least I can do is pay the bills or buy groceries for Jungkook, Jin and Yoongi. Speaking of which...

Yoongi spotted us all seated in the dining table, and silence filled the air. When the boys saw him, they scoffed, chuckled, but ignored him. But they were really quiet. So is Yoongi. He just walked straight past the table, and went to open the fridge. He grabbed a pitcher of water and a glass from the counter.

"Good morning Yoongi! I cooked a mushroom soup for breakfast," I said, getting absolutely no response from him. He put his used glass on the sink, put the pitcher back in the fridge, then walked out.

What was that?

"What's his problem?" Taehyung asked. "Why does he have to ignore Hye-jin? Your brother's being a complete jerk, man."

"I don't care, I prefer him not talking and ignoring us," Jungkook looked at me from the other side of the table. "Let him be, Hye-jin. He's probably just jealous of my visitors."