• twenty four •

AVERY

"He kissed you?!" Seon-mi's voice was so loud that it turned the heads of the few people around us. I looked around the aisle, and saw people staring.

"Shh! Would you keep it down, please?" I whispered, pulling our cart. After our time at the salon, I told her I needed to shop for groceries so she came with me too. I grabbed a gallon of milk from the shelves and put it in the cart. "Yes. Yes, he did. And I don't know why."

She cleared her throat as we made our way to a different aisle. "What were you wearing when he kissed you?"

"Wha- hey! Does that even matter? What are you thinking?" I asked, she shrugged. "I'm wearing a blouse and a skirt. Normal clothes at work."

"Hmm. Were you wearing make up?"

"No, I never wear make up."

"He likes you."

My eyes widened and darted to Seon-mi. She laughed at me and snatched the box of cereals I grabbed from the shelf. "You're not wearing anything provocative or sexy. You're not wearing make up, so there's no exact reason why he'd be extremely attracted to you at that moment."

"Excuse me? Am I that ugly?" I chuckled.

"No, listen to me first! Hear me out." We continued to grab the things I needed for the house as we walked from one aisle to another, our conversation not being cut off.

"Okay."

"Before you think about anything else, like I said, you weren't wearing anything provocative or sexy so he couldn't be sexually aroused at that moment. So, it's not lust that made him do it." Why are we even talking about this? This is too embarrassing to talk about, I can feel my cheeks warm up. Seon-mi continued to talk. "That's why, I think, he likes you. He's probably looking at you when you're not aware and finds you beautiful. When he's looking at you, you have no idea what's in his mind. At that moment, when he's right in front of you, staring you in your eyes, he's probably thinking about how much he likes you and realizes that that exact moment is an opportunity, and grabs it. So he kisses you, without even realizing what he's done."

I didn't know how to respond to what she just said. I touched my face and stared at the floor. The moment suddenly flashed in my brain again, how he suddenly stood up, stared at me deeply, and kissed me under the pouring rain. Now that I think of it, it feels... romantic. Like in the movies. However, I tried to shake the thoughts out of my head. I don't want to expect anything. "Nah, he doesn't. He doesn't like me."

"Honey, if it wasn't lust, what else could it be?" She asked, before dragging me to another aisle.

JUNGKOOK

"No shit."

"Yeah, no shit."

I poured myself a glass of water took the bowl of fries from Namjoon, then he came back to playing.

"MAN! You're getting my controllers oily, you're gross, wipe your hands or wash them before holding my controllers!" I shouted at him, but he didn't listen.

The boys insisted on going out, but I don't feel like going anywhere today so I just made them come here, Hoseok bringing us the new games he bought us.

"Wait... wait." Jimin tugged on my pants. "So... her name is not Hyejin, it's... Avery?"

"Yep."

"And... she's your childhood friend?" Namjoon asked.

"Yes."

"But she couldn't remember anything... because she had a car accident when she was a kid and it was pretty bad?" Hoseok took a sip of his bottle of mocha.