• twenty five •

JUNGKOOK

"This is good. Seeing what he did months ago, this is better." Namjoon said, staring at Taehyung.

"Yeah, I know." I responded. We're now at the living room, and Taehyung is sleeping on Hyejin's lap. She stroked his hair and wiped them from his face. He managed to fall asleep while crying earlier. We didn't force him to talk. We just let him cry.

"I guess this isn't the best time to talk to him," Hoseok got up from the couch. "I don't want to force him to talk either. We just know it's about his mom. But... you know him. I wonder if Hyejin could get him to talk."

Hyejin's head snapped in our direction. "Huh? Me? Why?"

"Well, as you've seen earlier, he seems... like he trusts you. More than he trusts us. He was actually about to tell you what's wrong, he just can't because he was crying. But he actually cried to you. To be honest, we've known him for years, but every time this happens, he just shuts us out." Jimin explained.

"Wait, this happens a lot?" Hyejin's eyes widened.

"No, not a lot. Rarely. But when this happens, we just know it's about his Mom, but he never opens up deeper about this topic. We've seen worse." I said. Hyejin's expression shows how much she's surprised, and how much he cares about our friend. She looked down at him and continued to stroke his hair. Taehyung moved slightly, but he's still sleeping peacefully.

The boys decided to go home, since it's getting late already. Seon-mi said goodbye to Hyejin and she went out with the boys. I sat back on the couch and just watched Hyejin. She couldn't move at all, because she's scared she might wake up Taehyung. After a few minutes, I saw Hyejin yawn.

"Um... Hyejin? I think it's best if we go home now. You seem tired." I said, getting up.

"But, what about Taehyung? Are we just gonna leave him like this?" She looked up at me.

"Well, we can just come back tomorrow. We can go early in the morning so we can bring him breakfast and accompany him here." I suggested. She slowly nodded and looked at Taehyung again, then sighed.

"Poor Taehyung." I heard her say. "Okay then. But can you atleast get some pillows and blanket from his room so we can tuck him in before we leave?"

I nodded and walked upstairs, straight into Taehyung's room. When I got in, I noticed that there were shards of broken glass on the floor. I followed the broken glass and saw that it was from a broken picture frame. It probably fell from his nightstand. I picked it up and found a picture of a young Taehyung standing next to a tall woman. They're both smiling in the picture. "Must be his Mom," I thought. I wonder why he hates his Mom so much. I wonder... what happened this time. I brought the frame back on the nightstand and picked up a pillow and his comforter from his bed and headed downstairs.

Hyejin managed to slowly get up from the couch without disturbing Taehyung. She placed the pillow beneath his head and covered him with the thick blanket. She tucked him in carefully, stroked his hair one last time, then we left his house and drove home.

"We're gonna go back tomorrow, right?" She asked.

"Yes," I took my eyes away from the road for a moment to look at her. She looks worried, I can tell. "He's gonna be okay. Don't worry. Rest yourself, the weekend is almost done and we have so much to do on Monday. Okay?"

She nodded and looked out the window. I just realized what I said and  suddenly wanted to take it back. I sounded a little too caring. Was it too cheesy? Too cringey?

I waited for her to talk again but she didn't. She fell asleep on the passenger seat again. Okay, she probably didn't notice what you said, Gguk. Stop overreacting.