• seventeen •

AVERY

"What?!" Jin exclaimed over the phone. Someone called him. "Okay okay, we're going inside."

Going inside?

"What happened?" I asked from my seat.

"It's Jungkook." Jin said as he was unbuckling his seatbelt. "He fainted."

Before I say ask the word 'what' Jin was already out of the vehicle, rushing inside the house. I followed Jin inside, and that's when I realized how huge this house is. But right now, all I could think about is Jungkook and what could've happened to him inside.

I kept on following Jin until we reached a long hallway. "Jungkook-ah. Jungkook-ah!" We heard someone calling Jungkook's name repeatedly. He turned and went inside a room, so I did too. Then, there we found Jungkook on the floor, unconscious. Next to him is a man with deep brown and grey hair. He must be his Dad.

Jin approached Jungkook and reached down to touch his forehead. "He's really hot," Jin said.

"Is he sick? He was okay when he came in. What happened to him? Is he always like this?" The man asked.

"He fainted again. Sometimes he does. It's when he lacks sleep and doesn't eat much. I've always warned him about his health, but he never listens. He always tends to overwork himself." Jin sighed. "Anyways, he just needs some rest. We'll just take him home."

"I got him. Let's bring him home, I'll take care of him." I said. Jin nodded to me, while Jungkook's Dad looked up at me. I smiled at him, but he just stared at me. And as if he just realized something, his eyes slowly widened as he got up. I bowed at him and helped Jin pick up Jungkook. Both of his arms are on our shoulders as we carried him outside of the room. When we reached the door, I caught a glimpse of the man one last time, and he's still staring at me with his eyebrows furrowed.

In the car, I kept watching Jungkook. I touched his forehead and his face, and his temperature is really high. He has a fever. As I watched him, I realized that I... felt bad for him.

I thought my life was worse. Girls my age would be at school, going to parties with friends and getting boyfriends, while I spent almost half my life stuck in an orphanage that kept me from doing things I wanted to do in life. But I was happy. I felt incomplete, and that place broke me, but at some points of my life, I felt happy.

At a very young age, Jungkook must've felt the same as I did. He should be enjoying himself with the rich lifestyle he has. But he's overworking himself. He's working hard to handle the responsibilities that his Dad expects him to carry in his shoulders. He struggles to meet his expectations. Still, it's as if his efforts weren't enough. Jungkook has everything. Money, a big house, fancy cars, family and friends, but he's not happy.

By the time our car entered the gates, Yoongi was already waiting in front of the house's entrance, Jin called him earlier to help us carry Jungkook out of the car. I followed as they brought him straight to his bedroom. I took his shoes off, loosened his necktie, and rolled up his sleeves. "Can you please bring me a basin of water and a towel, Jin?"

"Yeah sure, is that all you need?"

"Medicine too, in case he wakes up."

Jin responded quickly and got out of the room.

"Are you sure you got him? You must be tired from work, you probably haven't even eaten dinner yet." Yoongi asked.

"Yeah, I got him. Jin and I would have dinner later. You take a rest, okay?"

After that, Yoongi walked out of the room and left Jungkook and I. He moved a bit, furrowing his eyebrows, tossing and turning slowly. I opened his closet and looked for a blanket, then I put it over him, tucking him in. Jin arrived with the basin and towel, then he checked his temperature. "He's 39 degrees." Jin said. "He must've gotten sick from last night."