• eleven •

AVERY

When I woke up, I wasn't on the couch anymore, I'm laying on the floor. Ugh, I must've fallen off.

I went to the kitchen to grab water and as I did, I realized that the house is empty. Gosh, sucks to be home alone. I sat on the counter with my face on my hands. I really need to get a job already, I thought to myself.

You start tomorrow, Hye-jin ah!

Oh wait, how can I forget?!?!? I actually have a job already and it's my first day!

I ran up the stairs and straight to my room, rummaging through paper bags of clothes and shoes that Hoseok bought me yesterday. I picked a black, pencil skirt and a pastel blue blouse. I took out a white pair of nice heels. I laid them on my bed, but I realized there was an envelope and a phone in it. A small, sticky note was attached to the envelope so I read it.

Hye-jin,

These are credentials I had made for you. You're gonna need them if you're gonna look for a job. Also, I got this phone for you. Our numbers are already in there and I saved your number too. Call me if you need anything, and keep this phone charged and always with you so I can call/text you anytime.

Jk.

I got my own phone now? And it's an apple phone? I see this a lot on TV. I took the phone and unlocked it, I saw the time. 9:45 am.

I rushed to the bathroom and took a shower, put my clothes on and tied my hair in a bun. Some of my hair is sticking out but I didn't have time. When I walked down the stairs I realized something. I don't know where his office is or how to go there.

I unlocked my phone and went through contacts. There are only 8 people in my contacts: Jungkook, Jin, Namjoon, Taehyung, Hoseok, Jimin and Seon-mi. I saved her number earlier. I tried calling Jin but he wasn't answering. I can't call Jungkook because he doesn't know that I'm starting my work today, I don't know what to say. I want to call Seon-mi or Hoseok but I'm shy to ask them another favor. So I randomly pressed 'call' on Taehyung's number.

His phone kept ringing but he's not answering either. I was about to drop the call when he answered it.

"Uggggh, hello?" His voice sounded husky and deep, as if he just woke up.

"Taehyung-ah?"

"Who is this?"

"It's me, Hye-jin."

"Oh. Good morning, baby. It's too early, what is it?" He said and I can imagine him smirking.

"Do you know where Jungkook's office is?"

"Yeah, why?"

"I need you to take me there, if that's okay."

"Anything for you, babe. I'll be there in 20."

But just 15 minutes after he dropped the call, he texted me already:

Come out, babe. I'm here ;)

I cringed at the word 'babe' but oh, well. I guess I'll have to be used to his cheekiness. When I came out of the front door, he's already inside the gates. He's standing next to his car, with his hands in his pockets. When he saw me, he smirked, licked his lips, and smiled. I gotta say, I see why the girls are crazy about him and it suddenly reminded me of how Hoseok described the boys, specially Taehyung.

"We were a popular squad in college. Namjoon is our smartest kid. If Jungkook is smart, he is smarter. Gets high marks on an exam without studying, also the mature one. Responsible. He carries us to his house everytime and lets us sleep there if we had too much drink, he takes care of us. Jimin is a real gentleman. A good balance of being a good student and a party goer. He never misses a party and is basically making girls fall for his charms. People say he's the 'cutest' out of all of us. Taehyung... he's our playboy, I guess. Goes to parties way more than he goes to his classes. Don't ask me how he got into Harvard. His Dad basically paid his way into that school. He's the expert at clubbing, usually goes with Jimin, then hooks up with girls. I don't know why but he can make girls scream without doing anything, from college up to now. He's just a real chick magnet."