• fourteen •

AVERY

6:13 AM.

Another day.

The sound of my phone's alarm woke me up. I grabbed my iPad from the foot of my bed and scrolled through the things I have to do today. I sighed to myself and got up to take a shower.

After getting ready, I walked downstairs and cooked breakfast. The boys will be here any moment, hungry for sure. Jin loves whatever I cook for breakfast.

"Good morning, Hye-jin ah!" I heard Jin come in the kitchen, fixing his tie.

"Good morning!" I replied cheerfully.

Yoongi came down next, but he finished his breakfast quickly and left. After 20 minutes, Jungkook came into the kitchen with his polo shirt half opened, and his hair messy. He looked like he just came from the shower.

"Good morning, Jungkook ah!" I said. I then fixed his plate on the table on put 2 pieces of toast in it.

"Good morning," he responded in his deep sleepy voice. "I want you to get ready today, we have a long day ahead of us."

"Okay!" I replied. Jin and I are the only ones talking on the table. Jungkook stayed silent while he ate his food. But from time to time, I would notice him staring at me. I thought it was just my imagination, but when I drank my glass of water, my eyes turned to him and there I caught him -- staring at me and spacing out.

"Yes?" I said.

He blinked a few times and shook his head. "Ah, n-nothing. Im done now, be in the car in 15 minutes."

"Wait, which car do you wanna use today?" Jin asked with his mouth full.

"The Tesla." Jungkook wiped his mouth and stood up to walk out of the kitchen. As usual, he's still not speaking to me. Jin and I just shrugged our shoulders at each other.

He fixed the table, while I washed the dishes, then we got in the car. When we got there, Jungkook's inside, on his phone.

"I checked your schedule, we do have a long day ahead of us." I said.

"Yes, if I can remember, we have to go to 4 meetings, right? Plus a business dinner tonight?" He replied. I looked at him, confused.

I stared at his schedule again. "Uh, you don't have any business dinner scheduled tonight."

"Actually, I do. I forgot to tell you about it."

"Oh, sure, let me just add that here. What time is it?"

"It's around 8." His eyes never left his phone. Then he looked up at me. "Oh an uh, you're coming with me."

"Of course!"

By the time we reached the office, I left my stuff at my desk, brought my wallet and phone with me, then I went to the coffee shop. The shop is just walking distance from the office, plus I love walking on mornings when the sun is up. When I arrived, there wasn't so many people inside.

"One venti latte, please." As usual, I use the card that Jin gave me. I'm supposed to use it to buy whatever Jungkook needs. Then I remembered Jin. Maybe I should also buy a cup of coffee for him? Oh, and Yoongi! I should also get Yoongi a latte! "Actually, please add two more venti sized latte cups of coffee. Thanks."

I was on my way to a seat when someone tapped my shoulder. "Unnie," someone from behind me said.

I turned around to see the girl that I saw here the other day, the one who spilled coffee on another woman. "Uh, hi!"