• twenty seven •

JUNGKOOK

"Im giving you 30 minutes. I have way more things to do today." After lunch, I decided to grant Yoongi's wish to meet me for a short meeting today. He invited me to have tea with him at this nearby japanese restaurant.

"Oh come on," Yoongi took a sip of his tea. "I called you here because I needed to tell you something important."

Well, I assumed. Considering our situation, Yoongi and I never really talked to each other. Even at work. When he needs something from me, or needs to give me something, he makes Marzia bring it to Hyejin. Or sometimes, she hands it to Hyejin herself, since she visits his office often, and they usually eat lunch together. 

Our employees know something is up, and I would overhear them gossip about us sometimes, but they never made it into a big deal. Seokjin stays out of it, since he treats Yoongi the way he treats me. I owe him though, because almost everything Hyejin learned about the nature of our company is from Yoongi. He would often get her familiarized with her own job description and everything else she needs to know.

And today, for the first time in several weeks since he arrived here, he wanted to see me himself, so it must be really important.

"It's about Mr. Kwon." He said, looking down at his drink. He's not smiling anymore.

They want Yoongi out of this company.

Should I tell him? He might think I planned it. But I can't stop thinking about it, either. I know there is a reason behind this, specially that Mr. Kwon is the one proposing the meeting. And I can't let this happen. I can't let them have what they want. Because as much as I hate him, the company needs Yoongi.

"He wants me to be dismissed from my position, doesn't he?" Yoongi spoke. My eyes immediately darted to his face, which is now painted with a smile. He chuckled and poured me a cup of tea.

"H-how do you know about that?"

"I just heard it from some dumb employees." He shrugged. "But that's not what's important right now, Gguk. I looked into it and Mr. Kwon has been-"

"Embezzling money from us." He was surprised too. "I know, I found out about a month ago. I ran a background check on every Director on our company. Every stockholder. Even the heads of the departments. I found something weird as I was scanning through the monthly financial reports of the company through the years, something doesn't feel right. I investigated more, and found out that Mr. Kwon has one of the biggest shares in our stocks. Turns out, he's not just getting his shares, but is getting money out of faking financial statements too each month."

Yoongi sighs, and furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. Then he tilted his head, as if he realized something. "But, how is he, he's a Director, how was he able to do this?"

"His son is the head of the Finance Department. Kwon Sung-Ho." I winced as the hot tea burned my tongue. The more I think about it, the more it makes me mad. The Kwon family has been close to us for several years now, for more than 10 years, I think. Mr. Kwon has been friends with my Dad ever since the company started and has been trusted with the company's affairs and management. When Sung-Ho finished college, Dad put him in his position in the Finance Department. For years, Mr. Kwon has joined us in the company showing nothing but loyalty. And that's what makes me even mad. My Dad trusted them.

"Well, I trust you. You can do this on your own." Yoongi grinned.

"What do you mean?"

"Do what you gotta do with Mr. Kwon and his son. Fire them. Press charges. Let the press know about them. But don't worry about me. If they want me out of the company, so be it. That's what you wanted anyways, right?"