• twenty nine •

AVERY

I was woken up by my phone ringing loudly, but not with the sound of my alarm.

I groaned and slowly got up, trying to reach for my phone until it fell on the floor. Frustrated, I picked it up and accepted the call.

"Stop!" Namjoon's voice woke me up. His face started to appear on the screen, but it looks like someone was taking his phone from him. "Good morning Hyejin! Hello- Hoseok ah! Let me speak!"

"Hyejin-ah! My love! I will miss you! I will- woah, you look like a mess. You just woke up?"

Oh shit, I must've looked like a total mess.

"Yes, you guys woke me up!" I combed my hair with my hand and rushed to the bathroom. I let them talk to me while I brushed my teeth and washed my face.

"We're leaving Korea in 2 hours!"

I sprinkled water all over the bathroom mirror. "What?"

"Hoseok and I are coming back to America!" Namjoon said, a smile spreading across his face.

I don't know why, but I suddenly felt sad. There's something about these people that when they accepted me and welcomed me as their friend, they felt like people I can trust, I can count on, people that truly cares about me and friends that I feel comfortable to be with. They watched as I finished brushing my teeth before I spoke.

"Why are you leaving Korea? I thought you guys live here?" I said, drying my mouth with a towel.

"Well, we do, but our families are in the U.S. We just visited Gguk, that's why we came back in there. Don't worry, Jimin and Taehyung are staying there. You won't feel sad at all!" Hoseok cheered.

"But you two are leaving... come visit me okay? The next time you go back here, you'll be visiting me, not Jungkook." I said, making them laugh. We said our goodbyes because they still need to check in, and I needed to prepare for our trip anyways.

Jin told me we might be staying in Seoul for a few days, depending on how things go. Some of the company's investors are based there, so Jungkook might take the opportunity to meet them. We're going there one day earlier to make sure that the preparations at the venue for the party are all good. After washing up, I just realized that I don't have anywhere to put my stuff in. The only bag I have is the huge tote bag I bought with me where I put a small amount of clothes I had when I left the orphanage. I opened my closet, but all I could see are these paper bags I got when Hoseok and Yoongi took me out for shopping. Using these might be a little inconvenient for me. I tried to force my clothes inside my tote bag, but I only grew frustrated because they simply won't fit. After a few minutes of struggle, I gave up and decided to go to Jin's room, hoping he could lend me a suitcase. When I opened my room's door, I found Jungkook outside, completely dressed up, with a pink suitcase in his hand.

"Oh, we're leaving?" I looked at my phone. "It's 6:30 AM, aren't we a bit early?"

He just stood there, looking at me, his mouth open as if he wants to say something. He looked behind me and noticed the stack of clothes I have on the floor. "Ah, sorry, I was um... arranging my clothes. I'll be quick, I just need to go to Jin and borrow a suitcase or even a bag."

I was about to walk past him when he blocked my way and sighed. "Uh..." he pushed the suitcase he's carrying towards me without looking at me. He scratched the back of his neck as I watched him, confused.

"Is this... for me?"

He quickly turned to look at me. "Yes! I mean, yes. That's... for you. I mean, I just wondered if you have a suitcase to use, so I decided to let you borrow one of my old ones."