• thirty four •

AVERY

The moment the doors opened for us, we were met by loud music, the smell of good food, laughter, and chatter of the people. We were surprised at the number of people that were already inside, I never expected a lot of guests. I held tightly around Jungkook's arms, while he nodded and bowed to the guests who faced him as he came in.

Majority of the guests aren't Korean either, some were Chinese or Japanese, American, and I heard other people talk in a language I couldn't clearly understand.

I smiled and waved to the people that Jungkook greeted, while looking around us, amazed at the party. I suddenly felt Jungkook slightly tug at my arm, so I looked at him and the person in front of us.

"Hyejin, this is one of our shareholders from Spain. Antonio." Jungkook introduced him to me. The person extended his hand to me, so I immediately bowed and took his hand with both of mine. "This is Hyejin, my secretary."

"Hello," Antonio said, his spanish evident in his voice. Just as I smiled at him and said hello too, I felt Jungkook's hand on my back. Antonio wasn't the only person I met tonight. There was Mr. and Mrs. Jenkins from UK, they're one of the investors that plans to collaborate with Jungkook on future projects that this company has when it reaches UK too. There were also 5 men from Japan, the Takahashi siblings. They're the heirs of their family business, because their parents died years ago. A loud voice took over the music as a woman approached us. She's Mrs. Harris, a Canadian business woman. She came with her husband, and everyone turns around as they hear her voice. She has this habit of pinching Jungkook's cheeks and touching his face. "Oh, you cute gentleman." She would say while pinching his cheeks, Jungkook just chuckling and looking down. He seemed uncomfortable so I smiled at him and raised my eyebrows. Then, we left Mrs. Harris and her husband to meet more guests.

Most of his guests were Asian American people. They're very fluent in English, but speaks their native language with the other guests. One thing that amazed me is how Jungkook could speak several languages. While walking around and meeting his guests, I heard him speak in Chinese, Japanese, Spanish, Italian and French. Each time he catches me staring at him with my jaw dropped, he would just smile widely at me.

I was startled when a voice suddenly spoke in my ear. I almost forgot that I was wearing an earpiece.

"All the guests are here. We'll start in 5 minutes. Get to your position please, Mr. Jeon."

Jungkook nodded and fixed his tie as soon as he heard Marzia in his earpiece. "Let's go." He whispered in my ear, holding my back as we walked to the table beside the stage. The table was labeled 'PRESIDENT' making it obvious that was our seat. I left my purse on my seat, and went beside the stage next to Jin and Jungkook.

"Is your speech ready?" I asked Jungkook, who didn't seem to hear me. He was too busy staring on the opposite side of the stage. There I saw their Dad, standing next to Yoongi, and they were with his Dad's secretary.

The host, which is a guy, started talking to advise the guests to settle down in their seats, as the opening remarks are about to start. I wasn't paying attention to the host though, I was looking around at all the guests. When I turned to Jungkook, he was breathing heavily, and he looks nervous.

"Hey, are you okay?" I said, approaching him.

"Yeah. Just... nervous, I guess." He said, looking at the crowd.

"It's okay. Calm down." I comforted him by rubbing his back. I was almost startled when he suddenly turned around and faced me.

"Will you come up the stage with me?" He said. "I'm not used to talking in front of a crowd."