• ten •

JUNGKOOK

"All these years of searching hard..." I massaged my temples. "Why haven't I thought of that?"

"Jungkook-ah," Jin whined. "You're not making sense! Enlighten me here!"

I stood up and faced Jin, who was drinking the tea Marzia served me. "Looking for an Avery Grayson wouldn't work, when there's no Avery Grayson at all! Of course!"

Still no reaction from Jin. He just looked at me confused.

"I found her, hyung." I mumbled under my breath. I can't help but smile. That must've gained Jin's attention because he spit tea all over the floor.

"What?" Jin exclaimed. "Come again?"

~ ••• ~

"Are you sure? You can't just mistake every blonde girl for your Avery."

"Hyung, she has the necklace. The necklace we made for each other. I gave it to her," I insisted.

"Oh, so that was what she was looking for." Jin said while touching his chin, processing the things I'm saying.

"It's too obvious. She can't be someone else, she has to be my Avery," she's blonde. She has brown eyes. She has my necklace, she doesn't remember everything because her and her family was involved in a car accident, which explains why she suddenly disappeared. She's... my Avery.

"Do you want me to do a background check on her? I'll hire someone to do it, I know some friends who can. I mean, we know her name now, so it'll be easier. Just to confirm this, Jungkook-ah. Arasseo?" Jin approached me and patted my shoulder.

"Thanks, hyung," I smiled at him. "Oh and, uh, have you prepared the things I asked you?"

He walked back to the table next to the couch and handed me a phone similar to mine, and a large envelope. "Yes, everything's in there."

I nodded as he walked out of my office. I told Jin to get basic documents for Hye-jin. A birth certificate, a valid I.D., stuff like that. Except on her credentials, we decided to put Kim Hye-Jin for now, since that's the name she's using.

After a few minutes, Jin came back in, peeking at the door. "You have a visitor."

Just when I was about to ask him who it is, a lady rudely pushed Jin out of the way and opened the door. She continued to walk in, sat on the couch and smirked at me. "Remember me?"

I do, I remember her. She was Mr. Yoon's daughter.

"Ms. Yoon?"

"Soo-ah. My name's Soo-ah."

I nodded, not knowing what to say next. "What brings you here, Ms. Yoon?"

"Oh stop with the formalities, just call me Soo-ah." She said, flipping her hair.

I sat back on my table and stared back at her. "I don't think we're close enough for me to call you by your name." With that, she frowned.

She sighed. "I gave you my number, didn't I?"

I know where this is going. "Yes, you did. Can I help you with anything? I have a busy day ahead of me. So please, state your business." I said coldly.

She scoffed and slowly walked towards my table. She sat on it, which annoyed me. "I'm interested in you, Mr. Jeon. I want to get to know you more," her face was slowly moving close to mine so I had to slowly sit back on my chair. She grabbed my tie and touched it. I don't want to admit, but what she's doing is turning me on. She stared at me with her pretty eyes. "You're busy huh? I guess I'll just call you. Saturday night, dinner. My treat." She slowly got off my table and walked away, grabbing her bag from the couch. Before she walked out, she talked again. "If you turn me down, I'll make sure my Dad knows about this. I'm guessing you know what would happen next." She winked at me, then left.