• sixteen •

AVERY

The loud sound of the rain falling.

The cold wind.

Raindrops falling on my skin.

And the faint sound of people from inside the restaurant.

And this guy holding my face, with his lips on mine.

His lips... touching mine.

I felt his left hand slowly reach the back of my head.

He's kissing me.

He's kissing me?!

The next thing I knew, my right hand made contact with his cheek.

"Ow! What was that for?!" Jungkook exclaimed, inching away from me with his hands caressing where I slapped him.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry, are you okay?"

Wait, he's the one who kissed me!!!!!!

I slapped him again, unconsciously. His eyes widened and touched the other side of his cheek.

"What are you doing?!" He asked, his voice louder.

"I could ask you the same thing!"

And that silenced him.

It silenced the both of us.

And suddenly... it was awkward.

But I feel mad.

Angry. Furious.

Why... would he do that?

We barely know each other!

"I-" he stuttered, coming close to me again.

Gladly, Jin arrived with the car. He walked out of it and came running towards us, holding a single umbrella.

"Omo. Omo. Omo!" I heard him saying as he approached us. "What are you, kids? Why didn't you wait for me inside? Why did you get yourselves wet in the rain? You're gonna get sick!"

I looked down at what I'm wearing and I realized I still have his coat. I took it off and shoved it in his chest. With that, I left and walked myself to the car.

"I turned the heater on, Hyejin-ah," Jin said.

For the past 20 minutes, we've been quiet in the car. Except for Jin who are constantly scolding us about getting ourselves wet in the rain. But for Jungkook and I, neither of us are talking. I sat close to the window, pretending to be asleep when I'm not. I'm actually thankful that Jin turned the heater on, I'm freezing.

By the time we got home, it's already 11 pm. I immediately got out of the car and rushed in the house and was met by Yoongi. He's wearing pajamas, holding a cup of something.

"Wait, Hye-jin, what happened to you?" He said as he approached me. He left his mug on the kitchen table then ran back to me and wrapped his robe around me. "Why are you soaking wet?"

"Well, uh, it rained outside." I murmured.

"I know. But... what exactly happened?" Yoongi asked, raising his eyebrows.

His gaze turned from me to Jungkook, who just entered the house. He looked at us both, rolled his eyes, then walked straight upstairs.

"You stubborn kids. At your age you still decided to play in the rain?!" And just as soon as he got in too, Jin started his rants again. "Look at the both of you. You're gonna get sick! You have work tomorrow!"