• thirty six •

AVERY

"Who are you?"

Seokjin looked at me with wide eyes. He attempted to open his mouth but no words are coming out. He couldn't even look at me straight in my eyes. He knows something.

It was already 3 AM when I fell asleep last night. I spent the whole night thinking about Jungkook and his family. A lot of questions crossed my mind. Questions I wanted to ask him so bad.

"Avery..."

"Don't go....A...Avery..."

The next morning, I woke up in Taehyung's suite. He offered to give me his suite because Jungkook was drunk last night, and he immediately fell asleep in my bed. I met Seokjin while I was about to go outside for a walk. He was looking for Jungkook too, so I took the chance and dragged him to the roof deck with me before he could even ask me questions. Luckily, there's still no one in here.

"You know who I am, don't you?" I asked again.

"Well... do you know me?" He asked too. His face lit up, as if he's expecting me to say something.

"Don't answer my question with a question."

He sighed heavily and bowed his head. "So you still don't remember me, huh."

Remember him? "Why would I remember you?"

"Hyejin." He said while he turned to me, this time, with a serious face. "Jungkook and I..."

He shook his head, hesitating to talk. I knew he knows something, and I'm nervous to hear what it is.

"I'm sorry, but Jungkook will kill me."

"Please, tell me what you know."

"B-but.."

"Jungkook knows my name. He was drunk last night and I heard him say it." Seokjin facepalmed himself and closed his eyes. When he realized what I said, his eyes widened.

"So Jungkook was at your room last night? Oh wait, until now?!"

"We didn't sleep together!" I shook my head quickly. "I slept inside Taehyung's suite while he slept with Jungkook in my suite. But... tha-that's... not important. I have no idea why he knows me, but I got a feeling that you know something too. So speak up, or I'll kill you before Jungkook does."

He hesitated for a moment before he sighed heavily and faced me. "Avery."

Though I'm expecting it, my eyes still widened when I heard him say my name.

I knew it. He does know me. But whatever it is that he's about to tell me, I'm not ready for it.

"We've known you since you were seven."

I looked deep in his eyes, somewhat searching for a sign that he's lying. But he isn't. He didn't stutter or think twice. He let go of these words as if he wanted to say them for so long.

I knew it.

They know me. Jungkook knows me. But why didn't he tell me? Why didn't he say anything?