• thirty one •

AVERY

The street is so alive. It's full of people, stalls, shops and restaurants.

I've always imagined this place to be so amazing, but being actually in here feels better. I told myself that I'll work hard so I can travel to Seoul and visit this place, buy the stuff I want, and eat different kinds of food. Today, I'm finally here. I'm seeing everything before my eyes. A place I used to just see on tv, is finally in front of me.

I stopped walking fast and stared at the different shops. There were some that are selling clothes, jewelries, and make up. The cafes and restaurants look simple but fancy. There's food everywhere you look, everyone is walking around with food in their hands. I looked beside me and saw a small stall with an old woman behind it, and she seems to be selling accessories. I pulled Jungkook with me, and I realized that I've been holding his hand since we arrived. "Oh, sorry." I let go of his hand, making him chuckle.

"Do you wanna buy something?" He asked, looking behind me. I turned around and looked at the stall again. There were bracelets, necklaces, and hair pins. They all looked so cute, so I thought maybe I should buy something.

"Here, miss, try the hair pins out with this mirror," the old lady smiled at me and handed me a mirror.

I scanned the different designs of hair pins and decided to pick ones to try out. I picked a small one with a tiny flower attached to it. It looked so small that if I wore it, it wouldn't be obvious. I tried other pins, but I guess I'm just not used to seeing myself wearing these accessories that I think none of them suits me at all. I sighed and was about to give up when Jungkook spoke.

"What about this little one?" he said, handing me a small hairpin, with cute strawberries in it. I looked at it, and smiled because it looked so cute. "Come here."

I stood there, frozen as he moved closer to me, putting the hairpin on my hair. He carefully tucked my hair behind my ear and slipped the hairpin on. His chest was so close to my face, that I can actually smell him. He smells like mint body wash, a smell I really like. I could sniff him all day and I wouldn't get tired of it.

Wait, why would I smell him?

What was I thinking about?

"There you go." He whispered as he looked down me, catching my eyes.

"It looks good on you, miss!" The old lady interrupted us, we inched away from each other as we heard her voice. I checked myself on the mirror and saw that the hairpin suited my black hair. It's not that big, not that small.

"It's so cute!" I exclaimed.

"Yeah, it looks pretty on you. You look pretty." Jungkook said with a huge grin. He must've noticed how I blushed, because he suddenly hid his smile and cleared his throat. "You should uh, pay for it."

"Ah, yes." I fished for my wallet and paid the old lady, then thanked her and finally walked away from her stall.

I noticed someone walking around with a cup of milktea, so I suddenly wanted to buy one. I scanned the street to look for a stall that sells it, but I couldn't find one.

"What is it?" Jungkook asked.

"Oh. Um, I wanted to try milktea, I'm looking for somewhere to buy it from." I responded, while looking around. I was startled when he suddenly took my hand and dragged me with him. We walked for a bit until we stopped in front of a huge food truck, and it sells milktea. "Oh wow! You found it!"

"You're welcome." He said, winking at me. He winked at me. He just did. He looked so cute when he did it, so I couldn't help but laugh, making him laugh too.