• thirty five •

YOONGI

"She grew up to be a good woman. Smart. Wise, like you said. And beautiful, just like her mother." My Dad said before he went inside his suite. After greeting some guests, he decided to call it a night and take some rest. I was bored and I wasn't sleepy yet, so I went to the roof deck and took a glass of wine with me.

I stared at the pretty view before me. The dark sky filled with stars, and the streets below filled with speedy cars and traffic lights.

She did grew up to be the beautiful woman she is now.

When we were kids, I've always envied the frienship she had with Jungkook. With her, my brother was always laughing, always smiling. My brother would tell her things he'd never tell me. My brother wanted to be with her more than he would ever want to be with me. My brother, Jungkook, hated me.

Their friendship was also something I wanted to have. Growing up, Jungkook was the only person I had, but we were never close. I had no friends. People know me as someone who knows a shit ton of people. But they were batch mates. Colleagues. Partners. Acquaintances. But not friends.

I sipped from my glass sighed heavily, leaning on the glass railing and looking up at the sky. When I felt the need to rest and lay on my bed, I straightened up and turned on my heels, heading for the door.

I stopped on my tracks when I noticed a guy standing not so far from me, leaning on the railing too. He's carrying an empty wine bottle in his hand, with his head down. He looked like he's not okay because he kept sighing heavily.

Without moving an inch from where I'm standing, I spoke. "Hello? Are you okay?"

The guy ignored me for a few seconds before he started to shake his head. When he finally looked up, I was able to see his face. I recognized him, he's one of Jungkook's friends. I rolled my eyes and was about to leave when I heard him speak. "Do you like her?" He said, staring at me with the saddest look in his eyes.

Confused, I looked behind me to see if he was asking someone else. There isn't anyone, so he's clearly talking to me. "I'm sorry?" I said.

"It's okay. I can see it. I can feel it. I just... know it. You like her," he smirked and laughed bitterly. Then, he took another sip from his wine bottle. When he realized it's empty, he chuckled and gave me a small smile before he attempted to walk away, but failed. The next thing I knew, he's sitting on the floor, his legs spread apart in front of him. I think he's drunk. Which explains his gibberish.

I felt guilty seeing him there on the floor, so I approached him and put my wine glass on the ground. "Are you okay?"

"No!" He shouted. "How can you ask me that? After making me feel like this, you ask me if I'm okay?"

Okay, I'm beyond confused right now. What the hell is he talking about?

"If you'd just let me assis-"

"Don't touch me!" He exclaimed, trying hard to stand up properly. I sighed and massaged my temples. What am I even doing? I don't even know that much. Why bother?

I stood up too and watch him struggle to walk himself towards the door. I shook my head and the next thing I knew, my arms are holding his waist, and his arms are draped on my shoulder while I helped him walk to the elevator with me. He removed himself from my grasp and leaned against the wall of the elevator. While I pressed the buttons, I spoke. "What suite are you in?"

When I didn't hear any response, I turned around and looked at him, only to catch him eyeing me. "You're cute." He giggled like a highschool girl. This guy is so drunk I can't even talk to him properly. I sighed to myself and started checking his pockets for any keycards. He slowly put his hands up above his head and smirked at me. "Are you gonna arrest me, officer?"