Rather be

If you gave me a chance I would take it
It's a shot in the dark but I'll make it
Know with all of your heart, you can't shame me
When I am with you, there's no place I'd rather be

Trixie's POV

It was just another school day. We were in the last class and the teacher of that hour hadn't shown up, so we had a full hour off. My thoughts were completely taking over by the pretty Russian that I liked so much, would she come for the twins today? Would I see her before our date?

"Trixie!" Alyssa shouted, taking me out of my thoughts.

"Oh, sorry,"

"Tell us Trix, what's keeping you so distracted?" another girl asked.

"Is it because of Jessie?"

"They are already a couple?"

"Oh my god, you're so lucky,"

"Uh no, we're not dating yet,"

"I'm your only girlfriend, right, Tracy?" Lasky asked, sitting on my lap as usual.

"Sure, you know it," I answered, laughing at her words.

"Oh come on Lasky, you have to admit that Jessie and Trixie make a lovely couple,"

"First of all, don't call me Lasky, only my friends can do it," she said, wrapping her long arms around my neck "And second, he doesn't deserve her, she's too good for him,"

I couldn't help but laugh like crazy at that. I definitely did something extremely good in another life to get rewarded by putting Lasky in my way.

***

After a long class full of questions from the girls, I finally got out with Lasky, only to find the person I'd been thinking about so much. Katya was waiting outside; I'm not sure exactly who, but here she was.

I couldn't get the smile off my face when I saw her, and she had one too, but they both disappeared when I heard my name shouted out by Jessie.

"Trixie Mattel!"

"Agh, now what does this idiot want?" Lasky asked tiredly.

I felt my body tense when I saw him coming at me with a big bouquet of white roses. Please god, don't let it be what I'm thinking.

"Um, yeah?" I asked nervously while I was biting my lower lip.

"Listen honey, it's been a while since we started dating, so I thought I should finally ask the question," he said, and I felt my face turn completely pale "Beatrice Mattel, would you like to be my girlfriend?"

I swear I'll stop breathing for a couple of seconds.

All eyes were on us, some were recording, and a group of girls was staring jealously at me. However, all I cared about was the look of a single person, who seemed curious to me waiting for my answer.

"Jessie, can we talk privately?" I dared to say for the first time.

"Why? Let everybody know, Trixie!" he yelled with a triumphant smile "Come on princess just answer me once for all!"

"Fine," I said sighing for the last time "No, I don't want to be your girlfriend.

I've never heard so many sighs at once.

"What?" he asked, confused "Is this a joke?"

"No Jessie, it's not, I don't want to be your girlfriend,"

"Why? Is there anyone else?" he complained with anger in his voice, and his gaze quickly turned to the Russian blonde "It's her?" he asked me too close to my ear, causing chills.