Never be enough

I'm trying to hold my breath
Let it stay this way
Can't let this moment end
You set off a dream in me
Getting louder now
Can you hear it echoing?

Katya's POV

"Let me taste it."

"Honey, I bought your own ice cream."

"Yeah, but I'd never tasted cherry and dark chocolate ice cream," she said, looking at me with puppy's eyes.

I rolled my eyes before giving her my ice cream cone.

"Ugh, I don't like it, I prefer vanilla," she said, showing me her little cup.

"Do you want to go for a walk?" I asked, taking her hand.

"Sure," she replied, smiling.

We said nothing more. We just walked in silence as our heels echoed through the pavement, and the sea breeze rolled our hair.

"You know Patricia will kill us for being late, right?" She asked without seeing me in the face.

I just nodded as a smile formed on my face.

"I'm very proud of you," she said with a smile and then placed an icy kiss on my cheek.

"Thank you, princess."

Just a couple of hours ago, it had been my graduation ceremony. I made it, finally finished college.

Patricia had planned a dinner at her house to celebrate that her two headaches (Sharon and me) had magically managed to finish college; however, Jason insisted on having dinner at some stupidly expensive restaurant with the proposal that he would pay for everything, because even if he didn't say it, I knew it was his way to thank Patricia for taking care of me all this time.

Unfortunately, I had other plans and wanted to come for ice cream with Trixie before I got to that place, I wanted a private moment. And knowing the gothic girl I grew up with, I knew she thought the same, so surely she and Alaska ran away to do something similar, and we would both drive Patricia crazy. I wasn't very sure; my phone was off.

"You look beautiful under the moonlight," I said, seeing her blush.

She was wearing a pretty sleeveless pink dress with a denim jacket that she stole from Sharon's car; I think it was Blair's. Her hair was tied up in a messy braid that drove me crazy, each part of her do it, just like the first time.

"You do it too," she said, throwing her cup of ice cream in a nearby trash can "You aren't cold?"

"Yes, but I look too fabulous to wear a jacket," I replied, laughing as she rolled my eyes.

"You won't look fabulous with a cold," she mocked, hiding her face into my neck, causing my skin form goosebumps as I felt her little frozen nose.

"Your prom is coming too," I said out of nowhere, taking her by surprise.

"Yeah, it's next week," she sighed deeply "It's all set up, you know? Mom will have a party on Friday to announce that I will go to the medical school," she confessed in a broken voice.

"Trixie..."

"Don't say anything, please," I could feel her tears on my skin "You're going, right?"

"Your mother will go crazy if I go," I replied, caressing her waist.

"I couldn't care less," she said, "Of course, um, you would go like my friend," she confessed embarrassed.

"It' okay baby, I don't care."