..Thirteen..

I was taking deep breaths in and out. I was pumped for my first match. The air was crisp, and the mood was oddly relaxed for a game seating over 70k in Camp Nou. Ten minutes before the game and we were simply kicking the balls around and talking.

By we I meant everyone else except me.

Even Ivan was being a little distant. Made me think of what Andrew did to make Rakitic become distant. Andrew was in attendance and in five days, I have heard nothing from Mel and three missed calls from Molly. I had been busy practicing, too busy to pick up a phone because I needed to set my priorities. All these times I had just forgotten to call my best friend back. Speaking of phone calls, I heard Neymar on the phone, arguing with someone in portuguese. I passed by and he and I made eye contact as he took it as a cue to lower his voice but still argue. Some part of me wanted to know what happened but I didn't want to know at the same time.

"Hey! Amero." Munir said to me, and I turned around to look at him.

"Yes?" my girl voice came out but I quickly masked myself. He motioned me over and I jogged over to him.

"We don't talk much but I gotta say that you play pretty well." he smiled at me, and I was taken back by his compliment.

"Thank you very much Munir." I thanked him. That immediately gave me a sense of motivation to do well.

"You're welcome." he started to walk away but turned back around. "A word of advice Andrew:" finally someone around here could call my brother by his correct first name. "Stop making enemies cause it makes it harder for all of us." he told me as he took a ball inbetween his feet and toyed with it.

"Okay. I'll keep that in mind Haddadi." I answered him quietly and Munir smiled but it didn't reach his eyes. He backed up and went to talk to Piquè.

What happened to make Munir warn me like that? I pinched the bridge of my nose and looked into the crowd of more than 70k people. Some were fans of the opposing team Lèon. Andrew was there somewhere and I wanted to take him by his shoulders and ask him what he did now. I had to deal with it though, and focus.

I felt extremely pumped and ready to start.

//+//

"Neymar! Neymar!" I shouted at him as he toyed with a defender from Lèon. We were off to an amazing start so far, 1-0. First goal from Lionel, which he made sure to make clear to me. Neymar glanced at me, sweat dripping off of his face as he quickly nutmegged the defender and passed it to me. I passed it back to him as he ran down the pitch and passed it to Leo. Leo jogged with the ball briskly, passing it back to Neymar when a midfielder ran towards him. He made a quick cut to the left in front of the goal keeper, kicking it carelessly into the goal. Making it 2-0. He celebrated with Leo by hugging him and lifting him up.

"Kiss up!" I heard a spectator shout, and I looked up into the stands. I was 100% that it was Andrew but I needed to focus on making myself known now.

"Amero what are ya doing?!" I heard Sandro asked me while half speed walking to me. "Pay attention, there are cameras everywhere!"

"Well aren't we supposed to-" I got cut off mid sentence by the ball striking me in what would be Andrew's nether regions but it still hurt nonetheless. "Ow! What the heck?"

"Are you okay? I'm so sorry!" I heard some guy from the opposing club ask me as the ref came to me. He pulled out a yellow and booked whoever got me in my supposed to be family jewels.

"So does that mean a penalty?" I asked the ref while holding my crotch to make it look believable but it still did hurt.

This wasn't the debut Andrew and I were going for, but amazingly I could imagine him groaning in the stands at this.