..Thirty-Nine..Part One..Road to the Classìco..

"Even though I walk

through the darkest valley,[a]

I will fear no evil,

for you are with me;

your rod and your staff,

they comfort me."

Psalm 23:4

God bless you all! Jesus loves you all so much! God is Good! He is always with you, guiding you. Do everything for His glory!

Neymar crossed his arms, furrowing his eyebrows at me as he spoke the next words. "Ana, how are you going to tell me that you almost played for the women's team, and that you had a football career in high school?" I flinched, but I shrugged to maintain my emotion.

"Why is this such a big deal?" I threw my hands up. I desperately wanted this argument to be over before it started. The things you find out have been told after you let a few hundred fans of your boyfriend follow you. "Baby, I didn't think it mattered to tell you."

Of course it did.

"I feel like I don't know a thing about you or your past sometimes," Neymar shook his head at me, "I don't like finding things out about you from the press."

Two weeks since I let fans follow me, and then they find out I played football in high school, and that I almost had a career in Barcelona. So forth came the conspiracy that I was using Neymar to restart my career and that I was the sister of Leo. That one just made us all laugh when we heard it.

I was afraid that people were starting to piece together me being twins with Andrew, even though there were no pictures of him and I on each other's instagrams or in general. Unless it was from us as kids or teenagers.

Paps would ask me the weirdest questions especially. Neymar and I could barely "stroll" without paps or fans taking pictures. The fans I didn't mind, except the ones that tripped me, pulled my hair, yelled at me, and were just rude. Now I knew how Bruna must have felt.

In the past three days, I've fallen eight times because I can't keep steady on my own two feet when cameras are flashing in my face. It was irrelevant to the situation at hand right now.

"Ney, how do you expect me to get to all of that when I barely see you?" Not a total fabrication, but he did have to go away for an away match, and I couldn't come with him that time.

A week ago.

Neymar squinted at me, almost laughing. I wasn't in the mood for this, and I definitely knew Antonella and Leo could hear our "civil" dispute from the room I stayed in.

"What? We've been together every day since the match against Malaga!" Neymar retorted with a laugh, walking around the room. His mood was lighter now, probably at my poor choice of wording. "Honestly Ana, you're a mystery." Neymar shook his head at me, smiling, but not like a real smile. It was somewhat forced, as if he were trying to offer me some sort of comfort.

"Well do we really know each other Ney? I could say the same thing about you." Discussions like this nine hours before El Clasìco? Not ideal. Neymar shrugged, unusually quiet.

"I don't get the gist of what you're trying to say." his eyes squinted, and he looked hurt. As if I were breaking up with him, but that wasn't even crossing my mind.

"Are we rushing things?" Is all I asked.

I was trying to derail the somber mood that settled over us both. I knew we weren't, but I just felt like he didn't know me enough but I surely knew him more than he knew me.