..Insight-Andrew's Edition..

"A patient man has great understanding, but a quick-tempered man displays folly."

-Proverbs 14:25

God bless and be with you all! He loves you very much. Dedicate your life to Him. Always remember to put God first! Jesus loves you!

Andrew watched as his mother was yanked by her hair by the hand of his her husband. The screaming filled his ears as he covered his ears and started singing softly to himself with tears filling his eyes.

"When you call I'll answer, lead you safely through the night..." he was whispering in sing song tone. He was crying as he heard his mother screaming and begging his pai to stop just so the children sitting at the dinner table wouldn't see. Alana was crying out loud, shamelessly as Katilina stood with a blank face, eating her soup.

"Stop it! Stop it!" Andrew yelled with the tears streaming down his face. Alana gasped and hit Andrew's side. This was a regular occurence since the food was always cold, and their pai had a bad temper, as he put it at least.

Andrew panted as he rocked back and forth in his seat as the sounds of his mother screaming died down. Each day the children would sit there, either watching their mother get hit, or yelled at, and a few times spat on.

This affected them all of course, but it affected Andrew the most, it was something he promised to not to forget his father doing.

"Make it before I come home next time huh Julia?!" their pai yelled in her face as his wife gasped for air. "Good for nothing. I regret ever being tied down by two kids from you." two. Alana slapped her hands over her face and cried harder. "My son, do you wanna go to the market and get us something decent to eat?" he asked Andrew.

"I-I-" he tried not to cry. "I like what we're eating." tears rolled down his cheeks.

"Be stronger than tears, no crying in this house, understand?" he asked everyone unkindly. "Get going with Katinina-"

"Katinlina." Katilina corrected him softly, and drank her soup while looking unphased.

"Excuse me?" their pai grew angry, but he wouldn't hit Kat.

"My name is Katilina." she said blankly. "This is Alana, and that's An-" a fist slammed on the table. Andrew jumped with a high pitch scream.

"I know my child." their dad said.

There was a blank silence from Katilina as she nodded with a sour expression. Andrew viewed her with admiration as she strongly kept her emotion hidden, yet she was a ray of sunshine. A leader of their sibling trio, and someone the kids in her neighborhood really liked.

"Come on Andrew before the sun sets." she said to her seven year old brother. Alana was rocking back and forth once again as her two siblings stood up. Their mother had still been laying on the floor, nursing her sore head and cleaning the hair that had been ripped from her hair forcefully.

"I'm coming." he said quietly, and followed after his sister. The sky was hazy, and they had to make it quick. Andrew had wanted to play football after dinner, but the incident between his mãe and pai derailed his plan.

It was different tonight, Andrew would normally be rushing to the market to make sure nothing would happen while they were gone. Tonight, he felt as if he no longer cared as they walked along the dirt road they lived on.

He felt a permanent feeling of burning anger.

"Is it Ana's fault?" he asked Katilina, and she stopped, looking at him.

"For what?" she asked with a quizzical expression.

"For all the hitting that pai does to mãe, he said something about me being his only child and being sad with having another girl." Andrew explained. "Is this what normal pais are like?" he asked her in english.