Chapter 9

*Amy's POV*

"Sonic, he's been your friend slash brother since forever. What's gotten into you?"  I ask Sonic full of concern. 'He's been acting so odd. Getting irritated by anyone easily.' I realize.

"Ha ha aww Ames I didn't mean I hate him, I've just been wanting to spend more time with you recently." He chuckles. Then he gets closer and almost wispers to me, "Besides, he's avoiding spending alone time with Cream, and I think he relies on group outings too much." He winks at me. 'Of course, it had to be Tails' shyness, no wonder he started spending more time with me in the first place' I conclude.

"Awww Sonic. How sweet of you to help your brother out." I say in my most love-sick sing-songy voice.

'And to think I thought something was wrong with him.' I scold myself as I give him a quick peck on the cheek. I get off the couch and start heading to the bedroom. It's almost noon, and I'm still in my pajamas. And I've got to look into moving out. 'Hopefully with Sonic.' I daydream.

"I'm gonna change my clothes and head to the real estate agency, I'm gonna see if there's any land by the meadow that's up for sale." I tell Sonic as I close the bedroom door. 'Hey! Just because he's seen everything doesn't mean he gets to see it all the time.' I lustfully conclude.

******************************

*Sonic's POV*

I was about to ask Amy if I could go with her but she slammed the bedroom door. 'Dammit, at this rate the next time I'm gonna see her naked is on our honeymoon.' I pause. 'Actually, getting married isn't a bad idea. And no one will protest since Amy's been so head-over-heels for me for so long. THEN WE COULD HAVE CHILDREN!' My energetic thoughts fed my desire more and more.

I knock on my bedroom door and ask Ames if I could get some clean clothes. She opens the door and immediately throws some clothes in my face. 'Playing hard to get huh. We'll see about that once I find you a nice engagement ring.' I think to myself. I know it's not gonna be cheap. First the house, then the ring, then the wedding, and a kid. 'Man my future is getting hectic.' I realize. But it'll be worth it... as long as Amy's on my side.... at all times.

******************************

'Shit I guess all my hero money has been wasted these past 4 years. I guess I gotta get a job soon.' I start to think, a little overwhelmed after checking my bank account. 'Why did it take so long to realize this?' I ask myself, as I turn off my phone. I don't really like it, but Tails made me keep it. "In case of an emergency." He said. I don't even carry it on me half the time. In fact, I'm not even at home half the time.

"Sonic, you're coming with me to the real estate agency right?" Amy says bringing my head back to reality. "Yeah, come on let's go." I say cheerfully hiding my anxiety as I get up from the couch.

"I sure hope I still have enough money from the lotto." Amy says rather bluntly. "You won the lottery?! When!?" I urged her. "Oh about 3 months ago, I kept it secret cuz' I didn't want you to worry about anyone targeting me... besides, my days of earning hero money was starting to fade behind me ha ha." Amy notes nervously as we walk out the door and down the stairs. I don't bother asking more about it since I knew money's been tough on all of us. Tails sold most of the metals he's had in his garage and rents out the planes he's had. Cream and her mother work in a craft store now. And Rouge.... I actually don't know how she kept up her club for so long. Knuckles was the only one I knew didn't have any issues, considering he lives alone on a floating island.

"Did I hear that right? Amy won the lotto?" Speaking of Knuckles there he was. On the sidewalk with the rest of them. Whoop-dee-fucking-doo.

"Hey guys, what are you all still doing out here?" I asks with a sugery sweet tone. Hoping to make Amy believe that I still care about others.

"Doesn't matter, Amy, you rich?!" Knuckles said a little too enthusiastically. He technically was not tied down by anyone. Yeah Rouge and him probably had a few fun times together, but ultimately they're both single. "Keep your voice down Knuckie." Rouge scolds him. "He he, yeah a couple months back I won a few billion." Amy states as sincere as an angel like her could. "We're on our way to the real estate agency to see about buying some land." Amy says gesturing to me.

"Huh, Sonic you're....?" Tails questions me. "Oh my gosh I completely forgot to tell you guys huh?!" Amy lies.

"Sonic and I are together now!" She proclaims as she hooks arms with me.

...

Silence.

...

AND NOW LAUGHTER!!!

Just as I was about to ask them what the hell they were laughing about, Amy tugs my arm. I realize she's trying to calm me down. "Ha ha ha wait so you guys were actually official all this time!!! Ah ha ha ha I thought Sonic just lost control of his hormones!" Knuckles bellows out. Luckily there isn't many people around and everyone else is laughing too hard to clearly hear what Knuckles said. "Wow Mr. Sonic, took you long enough, I don't know if I'd be forgiving if a boy made me wait that long. " Cream states bashfully. But not as bashful as Tails, as he seemed to hear her comment and freezed up. I only smirk in response. "Come on Ames, let's ditch these clowns." I joke. "Hehe okay Sonic." She agrees in a grateful mood. And I proceed to pick her up and run to the real estate agency.